DruidsComb.jpg

His homepage:

http://www.blue-lobster-pipes.com/index.htm

menuhin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2014
I have immediately proven myself incorrect. Some forum members who are owners:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/nature-pad#post-690040

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/tell-me-about-your-subby-chubbies#post-639522

stvalentine

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2015
Northern Germany
Aah well..... I can´t say why but those pipes have something disturbing. They kind of remind me of creatures out of a science fiction movie.... 8O

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
That Rooster pipe.... I'm without the words... Scary works for me
Oddly I like it too and I tend to be incredibly conservative with pipes.
The sandblasting effect on all those pipes is breath takingly good

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
Many years ago, they felt the same way about Micoli's. And now they are collectable....some more so then others.

May 31, 2012
The sandblasting effect on all those pipes is breath takingly good
No doubt,

I love the driftwood finish.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/what-would-your-dream-blast-sandblasted-pipe-look-like#post-643902
I think Roger Wallenstein is a pipe genius!
One day I will have one of his creations.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I'm not sure how I missed this thread but yes, I am a huge Wallenstein fan. My collaboration pipe between Walle and Uwe garners attention anywhere I smoke it and both the function and finish is top notch. I think Roger has a knack for drawing inspiration from natue, be it dirt and sod or a colorful caterpillar. He is also, if I am not mistaken, responsible for the Grainstorm pipe makers event in the Alps where 7 makers meet for 2 days to do their thing. I also see him working with up and coming pipe makers all the time and seems like he truly loves sharing his knowledge and skills with them. I fully intend to own more pieces from Walle. These are not mine but speak to his aesthetic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Couldn't afford one, but if I could, I think I'd be more likely to put it in the living room on an end table or somewhere else it could be admired as a sculpture. These are not pipes I'd reach for when I want a reviving bowl of Billy Budd or Gaslight. I want a pipe to be a quiet co-conspirator, not the loudest guest at the party. Still, I love the color, the rich imagination, the stellar carving, and the flights of fancy.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
diamyo
You almost had it right.. the event occurred in the Schwabian Alps (In Germany) at Uwe's workshop.. it was 2 1/2 days of pipe making fun.. the pictures of the event can all be seen on FB ... just look for Grainstorm.
Me, Steffen Muller, Wallenstein, Christian Wolfsteiner, Martin Hansen and Uwe all worked on a 7 day set that should be publicized here in the near future... but it was fun...and we all left Uwe's with all our fingers still in tact
enjoy

james

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
The one I have is a Bat Wing with the driftwood finish and a fine smoker and one of the one's I reach for on very windy days for going on a walkabout with Levi, not bothered by the wind.
e8715f4c56e52dd43293f9f26140681606edfbd.jpg

vlodko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2013
Ukraine
They look contradictory. Not sure if I want to smoke one of these ones...
Certainly, I don't refuse them as a kind of art :)

Status
Not open for further replies.