Prince Albert, in a Cob, with a filter... how did I get here?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
New Cigars
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Burley is funny stuff. Some people don't taste it and it's all blah to them. Other people find it actively repulsive and avoid it at all costs. Many of us really love the stuff and savor it in blends, or mostly-burley blends, or as a single leaf. Cornell & Diehl is a master blender of burley with other tobaccos and also a purveyor of mostly just burley versions. For burley lovers, Tabac-Manil Semois is often a special revelation as a single-leaf nuanced experience. If you can enjoy burley, count yourself lucky.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I was in the same boat with burley first i couldmt stand the stuff then picked up a pouch of carter hall and prince albert to try agien on a whim. Not bad not my go to all the timebut nice for a change of pace.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Prince Albert is a regular around here. Unique flavor, very pleasant, not very strong but good for outdoors smoking.

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
There is a reason some things are made for decades, maybe generations.
It is fun to try new things, but it is also pretty cool when you find what you like is not hard to obtain and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Im not a burley guy, but I do get the Carter Hall in a cob. I havnt smoked many bowls but everyone that I have smoked has been excellent. Still learning about burley blends, but my sweet tooth keeps me leaning toward VA's.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Just picked up a pound of Burley Lite Without Bite and a new MM Twain. I had been eyeing the Lane 1lb sale at P&C for a few days and this thread pushed me over the edge! BLWB is a great blend to have on hand for mixing with others and it's a great no fuss around the yard/garage blend. When you take the time though this blend can really be a nice Burley with all the things we love in that leaf.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
I too have been on burley binge lately. In the process i have fallen in love with another old codger blond - Velvet. Love the stuff and half was thru the big tin. Lane Ready Rubbed, Prince Albert and Half & Half aren't bad either. It took me a few bowls to appreciate Prince Albert and I am about to buy a big tin of Half & Half. But do yourself a favor and buy some Velvet. It will surprise you.

papapauly

Lurker
Jan 2, 2017
I am never without tub of Prince Albert, he even has his own dedicated cob that has never had not ever will have any other tobacco in it!

glfjunke2

Lurker
Jun 16, 2015
<p>This AM I smoked EMP,followed by OGS,followed by ODF,followed by some Bulls Eye,followed by Original Choice,followed by Dunhill Flake,next some Frog Morton Cellar,and then some Star of the East,which brings me to some OTC Velvet. Too many greats and not enough time. That's what has me hooked on the hobby,or in my case an addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.