PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I just got my two Meerschaums back from Dave Wolff at Walker. They are older PayKoc Meers and I had him to the airway improvement on them. All I can say is Wow! Dave is a great guy and does excellent work. I never knew what was missing until he did the work and the pipes are even more of a pleasure to smoke now. I can totally reccommend the work and if you have a pipe that you feel is too restrictive draft-wise don't hesitate to give it a go.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I know he does good work; I didn't know he works on meers. Did he change out the tenon and shank insert?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
He drilled out the stem and completely replaced the tenon with a sturdier one with a bigger opening. It looks like he widened where the draft hole opens into the bowl too. Even in the smaller Meer there is a noticeable improvement in airflow. The bigger Meer is like a new pipe!

frennchy11

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 28, 2011
I have the same problem on my paykoc meer. I think it's just the stem though. I might have to send it in

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
He did a fantastic job on a GDB for me. Took him a bit to get around to it, but I could see its place in the work line via his website. I think his turn around time has sped up with the addition of a new hand, IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.