Potlatch Bargain From P & C

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wyfbane

Preferred Member
Apr 26, 2013
Dunno about aged, but I have loved this stuff since it's release party at the Seattle Pipe Club. Joe Lankford is a personal hero of mine.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Nice price, pretty tempting, though I have a 2 oz. tin still unopened. The 8 oz would be a good one for hoarding. I have a 7 oz tin and a tub of other blends in reserve.

jaytex969

Preferred Member
Jun 6, 2017
This has become a daily smoke for me.
CI put it on clearance for the last 2 months for $22, so I'm stocked up, but this is a great deal!

kickinbears

Jun 21, 2018
Appreciate the post OP! This has been on the to-try list. Looking fw to giving it a go.
How does it cellar?

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I thought it over for four days. I pondered it deeply. I decided not to. Then I decided I should. Back and forth. This is my kind of blend (one of them...). So I did it. If the tobacco tyrants prevail, I'll have some goodies in the cellar. The price is great, and the blend has good recommendations. As moderately and gradually as I smoke, I should have legacy blends to spare.

pandapiper

Jan 24, 2018
Likewise mso489, I found myself debating whether or not to grab a tin at such a great price.. or to hold out and save for a larger order next month. Well when they announced the fusiliers ration special, I ordered 3oz of it and threw in the tin of potlatch as well.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
PC points out this is an old-timey blend with a number of tobaccos nicely married. I do like an "American" English with burley. Russ O. at PC has a blend in the same genre with his match to Walnut, Chestnut as the only blend in their Midtown series that is non-aromatic, which I've been enjoying for quite a while in its tub.

floridapipeman

Jun 3, 2018
At $20 you can't pass it up. I ordered 10 and got them Friday the 13th. I just checked and they're still on sale.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
I admit this is the largest quantity of a blend I've bought before sampling it in smaller quantity, and I already have a 2 oz. tin on hand. But studying the constituent leaf, I decided it would work for me, most likely, and took this wild leap of faith into the piping stratosphere. I'm just a wild and crazy guy. Seattle Pipe Club has a sterling rep, so it's not really much of a gamble.

pianopuffer

Jul 3, 2017
NYC
+1 mso. I kept scratching my head trying to figure out this deal and then stopped trying so hard and ordered up!