PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Just a heads up to Canadians who may not be aware, negotiations between Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers seem to have stalled and we may be facing a national mail strike by May 24.
I would encourage all you folks who use etailers to hold off on further tobacco purchases for now so that you will avoid having a package caught in the quagmire that awaits us. I know you would all hate to be unsure about the whereabouts of your orders!
I have heard from some in the CUPW rank and file that the situation looks bleak and that a strike seems increasingly likely. Keep an eye out for further updates from your local news media.
Hopefully you all have some tobacco stashed for circumstances like this - I know I do!

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. Got two orders onroute so hopefully they'll get through.

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
I've been waiting 3 months for a book I ordered from Canada and another package has been 6 weeks and counting.
I dun think the Canadian international post can get any worse.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
If I don't get my Penzance due to this shit, someone is going to learn the meaning of going postal. I will be that guy on the 6:00 news screaming and spitting at the camera with a pipe in my mouth and an AK 47 in my hands holding postal workers hostage and demanding my Penzance.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Dang Phil and I just sent you that Dunhill you wanted too.
Ok, so I'm off to go shopping for an AK 47 and some ammo. Singing as I shop: I'm picking out a bullet for yoooouuuuu, no ordinary bullet for yooooouuuuuuuuuu...

baldy

Might Stick Around
May 13, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of another order with Noggins but I'll wait and see.
An ohin3, save some bullets for me. Like you if my Penzance doesn't get here, I'm going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.