PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
image128-600x352.jpg

So, after Christmas it seems I ended up with a little folding money, not a lot mind you, but enough to get my latest layaway out at the B&M! So here's what I got, a Nording "Silver Series" sandblasted billiard w/ silver band, and a Mac Baren 3-pipe ashtray!

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
Handsome pipe. Congrats and best of luck with it. One of these days I need to get one of those pipe holder ashtrays.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
In a day or two I can imagine that ashtray being submerged in a deep sea of ash. Good luck that is the challenge I set to you! :nana: :puffy:

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Well, I just finished my first bowl in the new Nording, McClelland Blue Mountain. All I can say is WOW, this pipe smokes well beyond its price! This may well be the coolest smoking pipe I own! The draw is as open as any pipe I've ever smoked, it's cool in the hand, and very comfortable to clench as well! Melvin, the owner of my local B&M, has another one just like it that might make its way to me before much longer as well. I just put an Aldo Velani bulldog in layaway when I got this pipe today, but after it's paid for I'm thinking another one of these is in order! This one is now a dedicated English/Balkan pipe, I'm thinking the next one may be a Virginia/Burley pipe since I'm starting to develop somewhat of a liking for Va's. I never cease to be impressed by Nordings, this is my third one and all of them smoke well beyond their cost!
By the way, the ashtray is already being put to good use!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Thanks Jah76! Everyone else I know who owns Nording pipes, wether they like the looks of them or not, have nothing but great things to say about their smoking qualities. In my opinion, for the smallish amount of money it takes to own one, you can't go wrong!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Another note on this pipe, it was a NOS pipe that had been sitting at the B&M at least six years. I know that because that's how long I've been eyeballing it! Who knows how much longer it's actually been there. The price, by the way, was a steal at $65 +tax!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Dang ! That was a steal Petes03. Very nice . I love that style . I only own one Nording but like yours it has a great draw and smokes very cool. Congrats!

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Pete03 I have the sister to that pipe. It's a blonde craggy blast 925 Silver Billiard. It is like you say one of the nicest smoking pipes I own. Cool long draw. Great bit and very light. One of the few billiards I can walk and smoke with. Congrads buddy I am sure you will be happy with it!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I'm finishing up my second bowl in this pipe at the moment, Frog Morton Original, and all I can say is WOW! This pipe is amazing! It's by far one of the best bangs for my buck that I've ever got! I'll definitely be buying it's twin at the B&M before long!

Status
Not open for further replies.