PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
A couple Christmas seasons ago, a beautiful young lady of indeterminate origin was demonstrating products for the Dead Sea Spa in the mall. I let her wash my hands in a bowl and before I knew it, she was buffing and polishing one of my fingernails with a 3-sided gadget.
First, she roughed it up and began to smooth it down one grade on each side.
Finally she said, "Are you ready for the mahjeek?", and my fingernail was mirror smooth and shiny.
Here's the thing she used:
http://www.deadseaspacare.com/nailbuffer.html
I recalled this out of the blue today and it registered that this would probably be a great way to get rid of oxidation and bring a stem back to a nice sheen. I also bet there's an almost identical product at Walmart, despite Dead Sea Spa's patent claim.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Here's onefor 2 bucks.
At this proce Phil you get this lady instead.
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2006/09/real-ugly-face.jpg
Wanna let her clean your stem?

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Here's onefor 2 bucks.
At this price Phil you get this lady instead.
LINK REMOVED so post will go through
Wanna let her clean your stem?

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Said woman
real-ugly-face.jpg

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
You'll notice the picture doesn't show the porkchop tied aroud her(?) neck.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
I wound up buying a 4-sided nail buffer/polisher today at Walmart for $1.94.
I used it on a lightly scratched clear acrylic stem. It did okay, but this little trinket won't replace tripoli and a wheel.
Not sure how well it will do with ebonite and will experiment further, it has to be great for something, I just don't know what.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
For Christmas last year the wife bought me a polishing kit for models.Its made by Micro-Surface finishing products.It has 9 double sided abrasive pads-1500 to 12000 grit,three nail type files-180-600MX,a small container of liquid abrasive and a buffing cloth.The kit retails for $14.99 and can be found by googling"micromesh sculptors kit".

I have personally used this kit with and without bleach and it makes just about any pipe stem look as good a brand new Peterson.Ill have to upload some b4 and after pics with the next stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.