PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
This morning I was deep in thought as I puffed away on my pipe. The wife walked by and asked " what are you thinking about?"

I just said " nothing much", and continued puffing.

That's usually what I tell her when she asks. But the truth is that I was thinking all sorts of things. Things that I wouldn't ordinarily be thinking about. Just a few of my thoughts this morning:

1- If Mark Twain really had a "cheap man who doesn't amount to much," break in his new pipes for a dollar a pipe, what did he use to clean them with when he got them back? I'm assuming that he would want to clean the things before smoking them himself. He re-stemmed them, but what about the bowl? Pipe cleaners weren't invented yet, I don't think.

2- Why have the citizens of this country put up with the Federal Reserve for so long?

3- Will we ever go to a flat tax and eliminate the IRS?

4- Who were the first inhabitants of America, if sites like Meadowcroft, Cactus Hill and Monte Verde in South America were settled thousands of years before the Clovis culture. And who was Kennewick Man really, if not an American Indian.

5- Will Planet X really cause the earth's axis to shift, and if so, when will it happen.

6- Why does a pipe color up ( darken) where you place your hands before anywhere else?

7- And several other things I can't remember right now.
Wondering what some of you might ponder when having a smoke. Is it the tobacco that causes such thinking, or do I just need to lighten up a little and read the comics more often? Just wondering.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Will you print this out and give it to your wife? She might have the answers...or just eye rolls, ha.
6. I reckon it must be the oils in your skin, and grease and wd-40 etc.
Isaac

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
4). And where did they go after hundreds of yrs?
5). And what will happen if/when it does?
New ones:
8). Did Nicola Tesla really receive a signal from the Black Knight satellite in polar orbit around the earth? Was he able to interrupt it?
9). Is ISIS really in Mexico now?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
11). And exactly where did Lefty get the bread to go, the day they laid poor Pancho low?

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
If I recall correctly I once saw these two on the back of a milk carton...or was that at the Post Office?
th

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
How'd the dust Pancho bit down south, end up in Lefty's mouth? Did Pancho switch identities with Lefty?

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I could be wrong but I think that is a metaphor explaining that Lefty became an alcoholic because what he did haunted him.
But you see I ponder if Pancho didn't get the drop on Lefty, then take Lefty's identity? Heavy, man!
And if all the Federales say they could have had him any day. Then why'd they have to hire Lefty to try & do it for them?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
A great song, written by the late great Townes Van Zandt...
”Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that.”

- Steve Earle
"I've met Bob Dylan and his bodyguards, and I don't think Steve could get anywhere near his coffee table."

— Townes Van Zandt.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
If the dog had not stopped to take a shit, would it have caught the cat...

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
A great song, written by the late great Townes Van Zandt...
Townes telling the story about how he came to write it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i1c3gHxaALw

Status
Not open for further replies.