Poll: Choice of two pipes. Which would you buy and why?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Neerup without question and by a mile! It's classier, has less polish on the bowl so it'll burn cooler, the grain is better, and it looks like it'd be more fun to smoke, too.

perlasca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2015
If I had to choose, I'd pick the Vauen.
I'm with Jackswilling in saying I prefer traditional shapes, though I have one Freehand shape but,

it's a smaller sized Boswell. Which makes me agree with 7ach about both being too big.
That's because at the moment I'm into smaller pipes, my last three pipes have been

5" or less.

nhpro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Neither is appealing to me, but my preference would lean more towards the Vauen because it's more traditional and a good sitter.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Definitely the Neerup. I would take unfiltered over 9mm filter any day, even with an adapter. Also, I prefer the looks of the Neerup; the Vauen looks like a spittoon on a stick to me.

liquidedna

Lurker
Dec 21, 2015
@guyrox
For me, other people, especially those with much experience, can see and consider attributes that I cannot. I value other people's opinions because they help me to clarify my own even if I don't hold theirs myself. In the end, I will make my OWN decision. But having heard from people who have seen and smoked probably over a thousand pipes, I know I'll make a better informed one.
Btw, you never answered the question of which you would choose and why. Getting both was not an option :p

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
I have 5 Jeppesen pipes and they all smoke great and are quite lovingly made. Vauen is, in my opinion a mediocre pipe although the one you picture is pleasant enough to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.