PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
So, I'm currently looking for a pipe that's more pocket friendly in size. I've seen the Big Ben Pipo and Ranger series, but was wondering if anyone knows of other quality pipes in that shape/size range.
Also, if you've owned either of those, or any that are similar, how did you like them?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Savinelli's La Corta line may fit the bill.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/index.cfm?tag=4159
002-033-30994.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nah, too small for me. I do stand by Savinelli's quality though. All pipes are pocket pipes to me. From cobs to artisans to Dunhills. They all go to work with me, and are tossed into my shirt pocket when not in use.

k1j3l

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2014
Eastern Shore, MD
Nose warmers? Not a term Ive heard, I'll have to look into that. And I am a BIG fan of Peterson, so those will definitely go on the list!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
The Stanwell 32 (straight bulldog) makes a great pocket pipe for me. I have two of them, and they are both good smokers. About $50 for the Brushed Black or Brushed Brown series.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
The SmokingPipes.com pipe locator is a handy tool.
Try setting the filters to 5" or less, 1.50z or less, and you'll get many results that should all fall into the "pocket pipe" category.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Baraccini make a "pocket pipe" in 3 different shapes. I have the #135. It's a 15-20 minute smoke and a required "sipper" due to size but it works well.
baraccini-135-600x337.jpg

LINK
jay-roger.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I prefer compactly designed pipes to the folding pocket pipes with the swivel stems. There are many compact pipes of good quality in a wide range of prices. I bought two from my favorite carver, Jerry Perry, a stout little tomato/pot that is durable and pocket size but has a spacious bowl chamber, and a freehand bent Cocobolo bent pipe that is also highly portable but has an ample bowl. Jerry is difficult to reach; most of his sales are done at the N.C. State Fair in October or the TAPS pipe show, also at the Fairgrounds, in April. But other artisans do similar work sold online at their websites, through online retailers, or on ebay. Iwan Ries sells a good line of pocket pipes by EWA. Al Pascia has a land-office business in his chubby nose warmers which are reported to be of excellent quality. And so forth.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Here's my contribution- it's a design I'll make more of- a 3.9" Devil Anse at around 16 grams...designed to hold about a half flake...

6rlyj9.jpg

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
I bought this for quick 5-10 min smoke.. The Savinelli Minuto, I also use for short drives and in the winter when I want a short quick smoke because it's cold out and outdoor smoker, (in garage). But if I don't want to turn the heater on, it's what I reach for.

I think these were targeted for the cigarette smoker to convert to pipes, it uses a small foam cig filter (which I don't use). Certainly not the cheapest, but the Sav quality is there.

MVyuSQ9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.