PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Has anyone else noticed that private messages sometimes frequently go unanswered / undelivered? I've had a heck of a time trying to communicate with a dozen people over pm with these retorts; either they don't receive my messages or I don't receive theirs a good 20% of the time. System overload? Coding problem? InterWebGremlins?

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Hmmph. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean it isn't all me? :roll: I still have outgoing pms to bubba, trailhiker, fshu2, and others, and (apparently) haven't received some from other members as well. Weird.

jasongone

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 23, 2011
i use mine quite a bit and haven't noticed any issues.

i think they are out to get you romeo

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Romeo...

The only time I ever have problems is when there is no Subject...

If no subject you can't open them.
That could be the problem.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
There's a separate system that is better, and I recommend using it instead.
When you're in the forums, select and copy the screen name of the person you want to PM.
Open a new tab, and then go to http://pipesmagazine.com/members/ and paste their screen name at the end of that.
So if I wanted to PM baskerville59, I would go here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/baskerville59
2nd button below the avatar - Send Message
That one will send an email notification that you have a message.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Kevin - when I go that route, I can't ever find the member I'm looking for even if I copy/paste it directly out of the forums. I've had this problem for months but I figured as long as the other PM system worked I didn't care too badly, but it kind of sucks not being able to find and add people as a friend. I use Chrome if that makes any difference.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Also, that method puts the message on their 'timeline', which can be read by all. Fine for most things, but when I'm trading lawyers guns & money pipes I'd rather it be personal correspondence.

And yes, I've noted the missing subject line problem, and it's not that; it just seems sometimes messages go missing. Oh vell, it's not the end of the world--if you send me something and don't hear beck from me in a day then send again.

Status
Not open for further replies.