Recent Posts

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeowood

Preferred Member
Jan 1, 2011
NYC ~ BOM ~ BKK ~ ETC
Has anyone else noticed that private messages sometimes frequently go unanswered / undelivered? I've had a heck of a time trying to communicate with a dozen people over pm with these retorts; either they don't receive my messages or I don't receive theirs a good 20% of the time. System overload? Coding problem? InterWebGremlins?

romeowood

Preferred Member
Jan 1, 2011
NYC ~ BOM ~ BKK ~ ETC
Hmmph. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean it isn't all me? :roll: I still have outgoing pms to bubba, trailhiker, fshu2, and others, and (apparently) haven't received some from other members as well. Weird.

jasongone

Preferred Member
Mar 23, 2011
i use mine quite a bit and haven't noticed any issues.

i think they are out to get you romeo

pstlpkr

Preferred Member
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Romeo...

The only time I ever have problems is when there is no Subject...

If no subject you can't open them.
That could be the problem.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
There's a separate system that is better, and I recommend using it instead.
When you're in the forums, select and copy the screen name of the person you want to PM.
Open a new tab, and then go to http://pipesmagazine.com/members/ and paste their screen name at the end of that.
So if I wanted to PM baskerville59, I would go here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/baskerville59
2nd button below the avatar - Send Message
That one will send an email notification that you have a message.

cyndi

Preferred Member
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Kevin - when I go that route, I can't ever find the member I'm looking for even if I copy/paste it directly out of the forums. I've had this problem for months but I figured as long as the other PM system worked I didn't care too badly, but it kind of sucks not being able to find and add people as a friend. I use Chrome if that makes any difference.

romeowood

Preferred Member
Jan 1, 2011
NYC ~ BOM ~ BKK ~ ETC
Also, that method puts the message on their 'timeline', which can be read by all. Fine for most things, but when I'm trading lawyers guns & money pipes I'd rather it be personal correspondence.

And yes, I've noted the missing subject line problem, and it's not that; it just seems sometimes messages go missing. Oh vell, it's not the end of the world--if you send me something and don't hear beck from me in a day then send again.

Status
Not open for further replies.