PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Yesterday I had an awesome opportunity. Myself and member adyingbreath had a chance to meet with PM member rsuninv. He was nearby on business, and we had a chance to hook up for lunch and a few smokes.
A few days ago rsuninv shot me a pm telling me he would be in town briefly, and asking if I could make time for a smoke. I was all for it. He insisted on bringing up some tobaccos for me to try out, knowing how stupid the laws are here, and how limited the selection is. In the end, he brought up seven pipes, five tins and somewhere around two pounds of (large) samples of various types of tobaccos. All of this from his personal stash and cellar. At first he didn't want credit for this tremendous deed, but I really feel he deserves it. He did all of this for no reason other than helping a fellow pipe smoker.
Many, many thanks go out to you rsuninv.
CAM00391_zps5a505bf8.jpg.html

From right to left: adyingbreath, rsuninv and fadingdaylight

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey bro,
For some reason I cannot see your pics, but LOVE your story. I just received the Box Pass tonight and wish I could just sit here and get lost in the tobacco, but predetermined plans avail on this eve.
MAD PROPS to rsuninv for his generosity and for adyingbreath for meeting up with you. THESE are the stories that make me love our hobby and this forum.
Cheers :puffy:
Dan

Jan 8, 2013
Yeah, trying to solve the pic issue now

Heres a link for now:
http://s855.photobucket.com/user/fadingdaylight/media/CAM00391_zps5a505bf8.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Jan 8, 2013
Oh thats funny, I cracked a joke at the time about taking the pic by the no smoking sign, but I didnt realize there was actually one right behind me. I just now saw that.

adyingbreath

Lurker
Mar 5, 2014
The honor went around and around it was a lot of fun for everyone involved im sure. Joping to go it again soon

oldmannk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 11, 2014
That's what I was going to say. Nice sign in the back. Way to stick TO THE MAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.