PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Good day all,
I reached out to Kevin before posting this and he was very generous in allowing me the opportunity to do so.
As many of you know cycling is one of my favorite sports. I pedal because I enjoy the thrill of the ride, the camaraderie and company of fellow riders, and it's a great way to stay in shape.

This September I ride for a different purpose. Mile by mile and dollar by dollar, Bike MS is changing lives. That's why I registered for Bike MS and why I'm asking you to support my fundraising efforts with a tax-deductible donation. Your donation supports cutting-edge research and programs and services for everyone impacted by MS. Ending MS means no one will receive a MS diagnosis again. Every dollar helps. Every person makes a difference.

Please support me and this great cause. I have posted a link to my page below.
Yazamitaz Rides for a Cure
Simply click on the link and then click on "Donate to Daniel" on the right hand side.
I thank you in advance.
Respectfully,
Dan

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
WOW!!!!!
John, please send my thanks to ALL of the LVPC members that may not see this here. That was VERY generous of you

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Unless I get hit by a car that will NEVER happen :)
In fact I will be doing the 100 mile course and am sure I will beat some doing the 75.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Hi Dan, I made my donation. Now keep on riding and beat this disease. Unfortunately, owing to my back surgery, my riding days are over, but I'll be with you in spirit.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!
Mike and Eric, I cannot thank you enough for your MOST GENEROUS donations. I also appreciate your spirit by throwing down the gauntlet and issuing a challenge to others. :)
Eric, I ride in many charity events throughout the year (American Cancer Society, Fallen Police Tour, etc) and I either usually self fund those rides or have folks that are high up in corporate America that make contributions that are also matched by their company (which can also be done for MS). This is the only ride I ask for sponsorship for because I feel it needs more awareness. Almost EVERYONE has had a friend or family member affected by cancer and those people usually support the ACS but MS is a different animal. If I can create awareness while simultaneously suffering for 5 1/2 hours while pedaling 100+ miles, then I feel I did a small part. Wish you could still ride my friend and I will feed on everyone's spiritual strength the day of the event.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
Dan,
Just made a donation. It's the least I can do to help.
Rich

4noggins.com

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!
+1
So very impressed by everyone here. Yaz, right now my funds are beyond tight and things aren't looking up, so I cannot afford to give right now, but I still would like to send you best wishes and best of luck.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Dan, a very worthy cause, and the fact that you are devoting time and energy (and sweat!) to the cause is admirable. I am paying for two kids in college, and I have two more kids to go. But, to put it into perspective, I will forsake buying that tin of G. L. Pease Key Largo I've been eying and will instead "help deliver self-help groups to support people affected by MS in our community". Have a safe ride for a good cause! And thanks also for your service to our country.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
It's great to see the support from the folks on this Forum. This is one way to show the rest of the world just how caring we pipe smokers are. So even if it's only $1.00 it will help a worthy cause and hopefully lift our image in the eyes of those who usually castigate us.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Papipeguy - Your words ring true. ANY donation is worthy and this is a great cause.
Conlejm - I repeat the above. The fact that you sacrificed something YOU wanted for a cause and to a total stranger (well sort of) means a lot to me.
Six - I truly appreciate the moral support and will draw from it on the day that I ride. Your kind words mean more than you may know.
Rich - I am SO THANKFUL for your donation. Your generosity is beyond words and I hope that SOMEDAY when I am up at the house in Vermont I will eventually get to meet you. I was going to ride the Harpoon Brewery Point to Point Ride but the date just doesn't work for me. What's better than ending at a brewery after 100 miles in the hills??? Me thinks there is no guilt after all that riding when enjoying a few well deserved pints of FINE brew :)
The support that I have been receiving from this community is overwhelming, but for some reason I am NOT surprised. In the short 18 months I have been a member here I have seen more generosity and kindness from people that will probably (yet I hope they eventually do)never meet in person than I do from people that I interact with on a daily basis. I feel blessed to be part of this community.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
John, thanks for pulling this together for the crew up at the Lehigh Valley Pipe Club. It's our privilege to help you out, Dan.
Now don't f*&k up.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks to Mike at Briar Blues, and Rich at 4noggins. It's good to know that your involvement goes way beyond business interests.

For sure, the next time I place an order, you gents will be at the top of my list. :clap:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Dan - I promise not to f**k up :)
Cortez - I TOTALLY agree. Rich gets my business already but Mike is going to get added to the list of sponsors I purchase from.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Finally got paid today, and so did your cause. Accidentally submitted a donation twice. Oh well, ride safe brother!

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Hey guys,
Your generosity just keeps on rolling.
Sparks - Thanks so much for your generous donation and kind words. I sent you a PM
Rsuninv - Thank you as well for your generosity and personal message. As for the training wheels, I had them removed today 8O
eightywon - First, thank you so much for your generous contribution. I sent you a reply email. Let me know if you want me to do something about that.
I may have to look into sporting a PipesMagazine.com riding jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.