Please Stop Personal Attacks (All Read!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Members:

I don't know if cabin fever is hitting the membership, or we have a full moon, but we all collectively need to stop any personal attacks. Those kind of posts aren't in the spirit of this forum and they won't be tolerated.
Classified ad prices listed by a member (providing they followed the rules) are not for open discussion. He someone has over-priced an item, the market will sort it out. Pointing it out in a mean-spirited way isn't helpful.
Dishonesty or fraud issues are different and best dealt with a moderator via Private Messages.
We can disagree on a subject - but lets be gentlemen about it and not attack the person because of their point of view. Airing personal disagreements are best done via PM. For open threads on the forum, please lets be civil with one another.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
What if they are annoying and really deserve it, like cigrmaster?
BWAHAHAHAHAHA...it just never ends. I LOVE it.
Sorry to layer this into the intent of the thread Al, but I couldn't resist.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Of course, I get Peck's humorous poke at cigarmaster (Harris). But, that is a good example of a delicate situation - not everyone is privy to the details between members who rib each other in public. That could incite a response from someone not in the club who takes it on face value and create unnecessary issues - so, please tread carefully here. Light-hearted fun, is of course part of the appeal on any forum, we don't want to lose that spontaneity.

eriksmokes85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2015
Funny I just kind of had a similar discussion with my 11 year old daughter. I totally agree with this thread. We are all grown men and women, lets act like it.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
I have seen threads that get "out of hand" lets say, and the more mature members will post correcting comments. This is important too. I generally refrain from posting much in a controversial subject. It usually works itself out. Thank you ssjones for your help here.
I am thankful for the atmosphere here. I enjoy the tongue in cheek comments. Its usually pretty obvious which ones they are. With that in mind I vote for peckinpahhombre to be tarred and feathered for his actions.

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
It's always perturbing when a Slytherin attacks a Hufflepuff. Luckily a Gryffindor is usually nearby. And let's all hope for a sane system created by a Ravenclaw.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Completely in accord. I love being a part of this forum and hope it can remain civil.
There you go, Peck!

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Social media in general allows for an instantaneous response that often goes unfiltered by the sender. In the pre-computer-as-had-by-everyone era, not so long ago, one had to actually talk to someone else and these comments were dealt with immediately and PERSONALLY. Now, not so much. My wife and I were at a very upscale restaurant in our area and watched in horror as a couple sat at a table ignoring their expensive dinner and each other while on their smart phones; a relationship doomed to failure. At the other end, when I first had access to email I would frequently respond to someone's comments with the kind of vitriol that got me in trouble. Now I rarely respond to inflammatory email until a day (and night's sleep) has passed. Just think what your mother might have said if she had read some of your postings...

Status
Not open for further replies.