Please Stop Personal Attacks (All Read!)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
It's always perturbing when a Slytherin attacks a Hufflepuff. Luckily a Gryffindor is usually nearby. And let's all hope for a sane system created by a Ravenclaw.
Let me guess - still a virgin?

Dec 24, 2012
For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, my comment above should in no way be construed or interpreted as a personal attack.
Virginity is something that should be cherished by all and should only be given freely when the time is right.
Now, carry on.

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
Let me guess - still a virgin? For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, my comment above should in no way be construed or interpreted as a personal attack.
Virginity is something that should be cherished by all and should only be given freely when the time is right.
Now, carry on.
Yes indeed. No offense taken. Actually I just lost my virginity and what do you know, in a few months you're gonna big a big brother!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Members:
"I don't know if cabin fever is hitting the membership, or we have a full moon, but we all collectively need to stop any personal attacks. Those kind of posts aren't in the spirit of this forum and they won't be tolerated.
"Classified ad prices listed by a member (providing they followed the rules) are not for open discussion. He someone has over-priced an item, the market will sort it out. Pointing it out in a mean-spirited way isn't helpful.
"Dishonesty or fraud issues are different and best dealt with a moderator via Private Messages.
"We can disagree on a subject - but lets be gentlemen about it and not attack the person because of their point of view. Airing personal disagreements are best done via PM. For open threads on the forum, please lets be civil with one another."
This PSA (I mean PSPA) is brought to you by pipesmagazine.com

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
As a long time lurker and recent member, I think most folks who read this or any other forum for a while can discern the difference between good natured S#!t talking and genuine insults and anger.
And I say that as a long time internet douche....and a sometime outernet douche.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I intend to be the soul of sweet reason on all occasions, but at least I try not to use an online pipe discussion group to vent all the frustrations and rage of a lifetime. People do need to go to the gym, play handball, run, hunt, or debate or whatever, to exorcise their angers. It works better when you actually do something with this unhappiness, provided it's not destructive.
peck is sort of our resident Mort Saul/Richard Pryor, but I understand that his gift of humor isn't mine.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I fully believe, if a certain missing post is the cause of our being admonished, the membership put the two posters right quickly and cleanly. No messy, sucking chest wounds just quick clean head shots.
Efit: I do admit that we should have told teacher and let the mods handle it. No fun there though.
Edit: Efit should read Edit.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Good dialogue folks!
I think most folks who read this or any other forum for a while can discern the difference between good natured S#!t talking and genuine insults and anger.
"Most" being the key word here.
So if I understand this correctly, terms of address like douche or scumbag are to be avoided. This is seriously going to reduce my usable online vocabulary.
Those are OK, but only when used a term of endearment.

Status
Not open for further replies.