Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
It will be a while till I get into Italian pipes, but have decided that Ser Jacopo pipes will be my first. I would love to see yours as to bring inspiration and guidance to what I want.
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles.

Thank you Robert.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I have 8 Delectas, they are all fine smokers.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I have 8 Delectas, they are all fine
Please, I would love to see pictures of all your Ser Jacopos.
I have always wanted one and am still in the market for a few.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I have no way of uploading pics but I have about half a dozen Ser Jacs.
The main thing I like about them is no matter how severe the bend, a pipe cleaner will pass easily all the way to the bowl. To me the straight ones are a waste of money.
The main thing I dislike about them, and Italian pipes in general (I have Castellos, Maestros, Radices and a couple others) is that the chambers tend to be far too large for my liking. I smoke strong tobacco and I never load more than half a bowl in any of my Italian pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sorry, no photo, but I have one Ser Jacopo, a quarter bent blast Dublin with a square ("sinuous" said the description) shank and shaft. I really love this pipe, and among SJ's it's plenty big bowled but quite light. I jumped on this new about two years ago when smokingpipes.com had SJ's on sale, and now I don't see them as estate pipes at that price. Along with a Ferndown given me by a Forums member in extreme generosity, it is among my flagship pipes.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I particularly like some of Ser Jacopo's Picta series. Here are three of mine. By the way, I find the mouthpieces on Ser Jacopos to be very consistent and finer than their Italian competitors. And the Pesaro style is the true Italian pipe style, for me.
3bb3c1dd6b8b0d6cf1ac4c0514caa4fe_zps43dd489d.jpg

02fe6512e7e0c59ab6ec81290fa756be_zps76ff85da.jpg

80cfaedd0901194f5dd86e5556bfb630_zps2c45454b.jpg

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Not a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill, but this Hawkbill was based off a similar Ser Jacopo pipe I came across. This is probably the closest I'm going to get to owning a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill, so I'm sharing it. Please excuse this post but it gives you an idea of what one looks like. :puffy:

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I have 2 Jacs.
The First Jac is a Smooth bent dublin 'Compta' Series with military mount.

The Second Jac is a rusticated bent dublin 'S' Series coral dot.
2-jacs-600x449.jpg

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
dmcmtk, Ireally like the cut on your Coral Dot Era pipe. That is really cool.
Brad, that is a great collection.
griffonwing, Irish bents are in my top three with Rhodesians and Dogs. Nice looking pipes.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
metalheadycigarguy said:

This is probably the closest I'm going to get to owning a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill,

This bums me out.
If you look around you can buy new Ser Jac's for under $150 usd, shipped. Check out Bollito pipes for example, jut remember they include vat in the asking price. Comparatively, SPC charges $227.50 to ship you a similar pipe. Keep an eye out and you'll find a hawkbill for a very reasonable price in time.
The above applies to every Italian marque sold by these two vendors. If you want to experience sticker shock, just compare what SPC ask for a Castello against Bollito.
Edit: Some sweet pipes in this thread!

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I want to echo Bigpond's comment about the great value on Ser Jacopo pipes at the moment if you look around. I just picked up this cutty - a mid-grade "S2" sandblast - for just Eur110 (so about $150). That's less than half of the retail price for an S2 Ser Jacopo I see currently from US vendors. I bought it online from Al Pascia in Italy. It's a really great pipe - I'd say it's the best value pipe acquisition I've ever made, new OR estate. I'm really delighted with this one and I don't see how you could get a comparable quality pipe for this price from anyone.
image_zpspvnlsxmj.jpeg

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Sybarite is having a 10% off sale.
They have a number a Ser Jacopo's including at least half a dozen "new" coral dots and some estates too.

Status
Not open for further replies.