PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
My name or handle, whatever you want to call it has meaning behind it.

I research funji. Mainly mushrooms.

I have helped people survive cancer(stage four). Chronic pain and many other diseases.

After visiting and helping more and more people asking for help. Meeting with these people.

I used to have hobbies. Building. Model cars,painting,gardening.

The very very small amount of time that I get to relax. I like to relax with a pipe. Something about the tin/pouch note. Drying the tobacco just right. Packing the pipe. The feel of the pipe. Char light, and initial taste. Then finally after the re-light. Mmm... that beautiful room note. :worship:

Slow methodical. After meeting people day after day. Those who are grasping for hope.

Thank you to the tobacco pipe! Hobby or not! I hate to think where I would be without it late at night when I wake up and can't stop thinking and working.

I am happy to answer any personal questions. But only about myself. I have said enough about my research.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Welcome aboard. I know almost nothing about your field of study, but you're a fellow pipe smoker and that's good enough for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And here I thought Doug Bradley had joined the forum. :mrgreen:
Fungi and non flowering plants have always been a fascination of mine. Kept a "pet" slime mold for a while when i was a kid before returning it to the forest it was found in.

pinhead

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Sorry one more thing I forgot most important. I have currently:

6 MM cob pipes

1 Yello Bole Burley (don't know who makes

it). I just liked the liik and feel. Stupid

impulse buy.

And of course my pride and joy! A Brigham Mountaineer 316. Beautiful smoking pipe :D

I will hands down recommended a Brigham pipe for a first briar. I am certainly glad it was recommended to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That Yello Bole is brylon I believe. Many don't care for it, I have a few and enjoy them. Could be mistaken, but I think Kaywoodie makes them.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Pinhead. I know nothing about mushrooms other than I like them breaded and deep fried. Your research sounds interesting...keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.