PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
My name or handle, whatever you want to call it has meaning behind it.

I research funji. Mainly mushrooms.

I have helped people survive cancer(stage four). Chronic pain and many other diseases.

After visiting and helping more and more people asking for help. Meeting with these people.

I used to have hobbies. Building. Model cars,painting,gardening.

The very very small amount of time that I get to relax. I like to relax with a pipe. Something about the tin/pouch note. Drying the tobacco just right. Packing the pipe. The feel of the pipe. Char light, and initial taste. Then finally after the re-light. Mmm... that beautiful room note. :worship:

Slow methodical. After meeting people day after day. Those who are grasping for hope.

Thank you to the tobacco pipe! Hobby or not! I hate to think where I would be without it late at night when I wake up and can't stop thinking and working.

I am happy to answer any personal questions. But only about myself. I have said enough about my research.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Welcome aboard. I know almost nothing about your field of study, but you're a fellow pipe smoker and that's good enough for me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
And here I thought Doug Bradley had joined the forum. :mrgreen:
Fungi and non flowering plants have always been a fascination of mine. Kept a "pet" slime mold for a while when i was a kid before returning it to the forest it was found in.

pinhead

Lurker
Mar 13, 2019
Sorry one more thing I forgot most important. I have currently:

6 MM cob pipes

1 Yello Bole Burley (don't know who makes

it). I just liked the liik and feel. Stupid

impulse buy.

And of course my pride and joy! A Brigham Mountaineer 316. Beautiful smoking pipe :D

I will hands down recommended a Brigham pipe for a first briar. I am certainly glad it was recommended to me.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That Yello Bole is brylon I believe. Many don't care for it, I have a few and enjoy them. Could be mistaken, but I think Kaywoodie makes them.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome Pinhead. I know nothing about mushrooms other than I like them breaded and deep fried. Your research sounds interesting...keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.