PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
...and promptly turned the can upside down to see what year it was tinned up.
Perhaps he was thinking of this?:
297dc63864d63ea1151726fdadf851f0.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bed rest and plenty of liquids. Hope you get feeling better soon. jay' beat me to the room note joke.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

The best thing for a foggy brain is Nyquil and a long nap. I hope you feel better soon. We need you healthy. A sick pipestud is no bueno for the pipe smoking community.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Well at least you didn't take the can home and mix in some Five Bros. just to give the soup some umphf :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
There is a supermarket close to the place I live that I visit from time to time. I remember while picking up a bread I saw a tin which had the word "Cavendish" on it. I was like "this is it, they have some pipe tobacco here. I wonder if they sell Aromatics only." Then I check and see this:
Cavendish-Harvey-Sweets-Wildberry-Drops.jpg

artificialme

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2018
There is a supermarket close to the place I live that I visit from time to time. I remember while picking up a bread I saw a tin which had the word "Cavendish" on it. I was like "this is it, they have some pipe tobacco here. I wonder if they sell Aromatics only." Then I check and see this:
remains me, there is some variants of a banana named cavendish also... :laughat:

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I was driving along with the ex a few yrs back and a jeep is coming toward us. So I give them the Jeep wave....they don't wave back....i say to wifey, "they must not know about the Jeep wave".....she looks at me and says or maybe it's cause we're not in the Jeep.....

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Get well soon!
Nothing like Jewish penicillin and a warm back rub in bed.
And checking the date of tinned soup is not a bad idea, humor aside!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Being serious for a minute.

I tend to check the date on items when I go grocery shopping (and, I do 90% of the grocery shopping). You would be surprised how some big name retailers have problems with rotating their shelf stock, not to mention the items in the dairy section. I was in a major chain grocery store just last week and found eggs two day past the sell by date and bottled fruit juice with a "Best By Date" of 7/12/17.
I went and found the "manager" and showed him the fruit juice and he said that was the date it was bottled and not the sell by date. I've been working with grocery stores for almost 20 years creating their advertising circulars. I told him he could restock the basket I was pushing because I wasn't shopping at his store anymore.
For the record. Aging cigars, pipe tobacco and wine is good. Aging cheese and some beef before it goes to the market is good. Keeping dairy products and grocery products on the shelf beyond the sell by or best by dates is not good.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After long years of working with the public, pappy', the first rule is always, no B.S. I presume the grocery manager learned that or moved on to used cars.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
And here I clicked thinking Steve needed help moving those pallets of money that were overflowing his garage and basement after last month's McClelland frenzy. (After all, he had almost a DOZEN of them listed, some over a MONTH old).
But nah, he was just confused and wanted to fill his pipe with some soup. a.k.a. another normal day for us old guys. :lol:

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Meh, no worries.
Now...I may start to worry if you start describing your soup having nutty overtones with hints of chocolate and anise.

Status
Not open for further replies.