Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for all the comments and compliments.
A couple of things -
1. @tobakenist

Ah but, if 1 person visits 10 times a day is that 10 hits.
Cyndi answered this correctly, but I would like to add ...
Hits = every single request sent to the server. It is a useless number. For example, If we had a web page with ten photos on it and one person loaded the page, that would tally up 11 hits. One hit for each of the ten photos and the 11th hit for the actual file that is the webpage itself.
Sorry. I couldn't help it. I love education and I used to be an Internet Consultant.
2. @smokenscotch

That is fantastic news. It's wonderful to see the growth in interest of pipe smoking. Let's hope this continues to grow so the general public can understand the beauty of pipe smoking. Keep up the great work!
There's more to come. International Pipe Smoking Day is coming up Feb 20th.
PipesMagazine.com, The United Pipe Clubs of America and The International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association are all working together on some behind the scenes stuff to try to make it as big of an event as possible and get it into the large national mainstream media.
Keep your fingers crossed. I'm working my butt off on it.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
There's more to come. International Pipe Smoking Day is coming up Feb 20th.
PipesMagazine.com, The United Pipe Clubs of America and The International Premium Cigar & Pipe Retailers Association are all working together on some behind the scenes stuff to try to make it as big of an event as possible and get it into the large national mainstream media.
Keep your fingers crossed. I'm working my butt off on it.
That's great news, and I'm sure you guys will pull something off to make it a huge event.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
The suspense is killing me! Feb 20 Feb 20 Feb 20... Mustn't forget.
Congrats on the 10k+ hits. Like 7k of those are visitors who are not members right? I'm actually not sure how many of the current members are "active".

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Feb 20th cool i have marked it down in my calender and will celebrate it kiwi style jandals, stubbies, and a singlet. stubbies

screen-shot-2011-05-11-at-51422-pm-thumb-300x159-48502-150x79.png

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Very cool news, Kevin! I can account for two of those users. Home & work. Go have a celebratory smoke!
-Jason

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Truly awesome Kevin!

Congratulations on the Milestone!

"If my cyphering is about right; that's just over 1/4 million unique hits last month" 8O
:clap: :clap: :clap:

:puffy:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
@spartan

Like 7k of those are visitors who are not members right? I'm actually not sure how many of the current members are "active".
Probably something like that. It is quite common on all websites, regardless of market niche, that the vast majority of visitors are passive readers.
@Lawrence

If my cyphering is about right; that's just over 1/4 million unique hits last month
We had a total of 15,033,933 hits.
@johnbanther

get money get paid
LOL. I'm happy to report that we have a record 21 advertisers for December. I've closed my web development business last month and now work full time on PipesMagazine.com and http://cigarchronicles.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.