Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Gruyere! There, I said it. I said it in a public forum. Damned pushers hooked me at 6$ a pound in the eighties and in a mere thirty years they gouge me at 22.99. I'm hooked. WhatamI going to do? I gave my kids tin cups and told them to bring home enough to buy some more. They could keep ten percent for their college fund. The wife gets processed cheese food for her sandwiches, while I feast on Gruyere melted on bacon on sourdough toast. I need help

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"....while I feast on Gruyere melted on bacon on sourdough toast. I need help".
Those are some of my favorite things! And all three together. Yum.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
747e3814a4fb00056b90b9b9cad23037--cheesy-jokes-corny-jokes.jpg

:oops:

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
Nowadays the druggies are soccer moms that twist an ankle and have the doctor give them Oxycontin, and thus a woman that would never use a drug quickly becomes a junky crushing her oxy's and injecting them. A preacher has a migraine goes to the doctor and a couple of months later is buying heroine on the streets. The druggies and junkies are our neighbors, grocers, the mom taking her kids to school in a minivan. I look like them, you look like them, we are all capable of falling for the trust of our doctors.
Well-said, Cosmic. We are surrounded by addicts taking very powerful and addictive legalized prescription drugs.
Hmm. I always thought drug pipes were usually made from metal or glass. Maybe times have changed and they have moved into using briar pipes? 8O

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
OP - Overly sensitive, just a tad. Cannabis has been used as a medicine for thousands of years (documented in ancient China and Egypt) and is not physically addictive. I used it for pain for 20 years without any trouble and it worked better than anything else on the planet. Now I'm on those damn opiates for pain cause I'm in Indiana and none of the politicians know anything about pharmacology.
I feel your pain, sir. I hope you can find a nice tobacco store without all the incense and weird paraphernalia found in head shops. I think pipe tobacco should be prescribed for stress and lounges set up for indoor smoking in clinics and hospitals in every city in America.
Cheese puns? I know a Gouda one...

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I don't know where the hell you're fromage, but around here, if you want a cheesy pun war, you'd better tread Caerphilly.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
^^^ :rofl:
What kind of druggie Muensters would force you to Gruyere own tobacco instead of going into a Head shop? That gets me right in the Gorgonzola. I guess you can't Havarti your cakes and Edam too.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
BTW, I used to get Roast Beef sandwiches in the Italian area of town. The owner always put Gorgonzola on it. Sublime

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"I guess you can't Havarti your cakes and Edam too."
Yarg, that's what I get for Acton like a Pecorino!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I only get annoyed by it when I go looking on eBay for tobacco pipes and half the listings that pop up are for glass, ceramic and metal pipes that have bowls way to small to put tobacco in.
I used to be concerned about "drug paraphernalia" while in the Coast Guard. But I retired 24 year ago and now it's none of my business.

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
@mso489 OMG I really needed that laugh. I could almost picture your look of astonishment when you realized just what you had walked into!
Back on topic though. I don't sweat the crazy stuff I have seen in smoke shops. I don't care for it and would rather not see it there but it is what it is. I have to travel quite a way to get to any B&M pipe shop so I'm a bit picky - I finally found one in Columbus Ga that is decent. :)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
We gripe about the loss of B&Ms and complain when B&Ms try to adapt to survive.
The B&Ms are not here for us, they exist for the owners. We pesky customers are the way to riches and must be tended but, a handful of tobacco smokers in a 100 mile radius is not sufficient to support a retail store. Gotta keep the customer base as large as possible and growing as expenses are always rising. A dollar from a metal pipe smoker is every bit as good as a dollar from a tobacco pipe smoker or a Camel smoker.
Those of you who wish to keep a B&M, pipe and cigar exclusive, in your area need to start dropping a couple hundred dollars a day there, every business day. The last Tinder Box I was in, many (20?) years ago, had expanded to plaques, coats of arms, desk accessories, etc. to pay the bills. I believe it is gone now, South Center Mall south of Seattle.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Warren just said what I woke up, read above posts, and wanted to say. It would be nice if the glass pipes and stuff were in one area of the store, but I would be happy for the B&M survival.
While I was cruising pipe accessories online I came across a Rizla Style Roller and Papers. For the price I bought them, but to roll a cig with my pipe tobacco if I ever needed to sneak a smoke in the little boys room.
Save the B&M. Matters not to my daily life, just to my memories and soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.