PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
frabz-i-dont-always-tell-people-youre-a-flaming-bonesmoker-but-when-i-f3acd8.jpg

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
+1 peckinpahhombre

+1 pappymac

+1 davet

+1 hakchuma
This is getting too twisted, even for me. But its like a trainwreck, I can't quite turn away.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
http://m.ebay.com/itm/111778483854?_mwBanner=1
There are no dumb questions. Only dumb answers from a lot of people who replied.
I've heard of antler pipes. Using human bone would probably be illegal in the US. I'm sure

You could use animal bone. Cow, pig, sheep...

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
My two cents- unless you're Hannibal Lecter you're probably not gonna like the off taste of human bone in your smoke.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
It's immoral, but Deathmetal is right. Pluralism is an agenda being pushed, if Satan worshipper a can have a Christmas theme at the town hall than anything is possible.
I wouldn't smoke a bone pipe if it were a present.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I'd smoke from bone were it a quality medium. Briar is Heather (the shrub) bones; cobs - corn bones... :P

Having carved antler and deer bones for a few custom orders, I would not envy the pipemaker that has to work with the stuff. Carving it gives off a smell that is very similar to someone burning, like a crematorium. Not cool. I gagged and threw up several times wile making a set of silver spoons with bone handles. Instead of saying that I would never work with bone again, I just quote a charge of an additional $1000 vomit charge on any order that requests bone. Nasty stuff. It's bad enough to smell that smell and know that it is just an animal, but knowing that it is an actual human would amplify the vomit reflexes, I would imagine. It would take a very morbid and vile person to work in human bones.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I ended my consultation regarding dental implants immediately when the phrase "cadaver bone" came up, if that tells you anything. Good ol' dentures for me, then. So no, no, no, on many different levels to this cadaver bone pipe idea.
Your friend is indeed a seriously sick bastard if he is interested in this idea, but may be the sort who glories in that sort of thing to be "different" and "edgy".
Regarding the idiotic notion of "pluralism": May I once again remind everyone that we picked teams and drew borders in the first place for very good reasons.

fearsclave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2014
Wierd; I have no issues with drinking my wine from the skulls of my slain enemies (I've had them lined with silver so they won't leak out the eye sockets into my lap), but the notion of smoking from a human bone pipe strikes me as distasteful.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Regarding the idiotic notion of "pluralism": May I once again remind everyone that we picked teams and drew borders in the first place for very good reasons.
And now we're finally on topic... but I must disagree. If you live in the USA, Canada, or Europe, your nation is officially pluralistic with a pluralistic agenda.
Pluralism is an agenda being pushed, if Satan worshipper a can have a Christmas theme at the town hall than anything is possible.
Everyone likes pluralism, because we can "agree to disagree," until they see it in action.
This thread was actually about the Starbucks cup. Merry Christmas -> Happy Holidays. It strikes me as dysfunctional to genericize everything.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
As uncomfortable as the idea is to me, I honestly can't just say, "NO, you can't make a pipe from cadaver bone." If the bone were harvested in a legal manner, with no objections from the family of the deceased, I feel it's up to the people involved, not the man on the street. This view encompasses my feelings on religion, sexuality, and most things in general. Definitely an interesting dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.