PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
At the end of the day, the staff at Pipes and Cigars take the overflow from the blends that they mixed that day, and they sell it as "Best of the Rest" at a really great price (it's uually $16.99/lb, but it's on sale now for $13.99/lb). It's different every day, depending on what they have left from that day's blending. So far I've gotten two different ones, and I ordered a third pound today because they're having a free shipping Friday.
The first pound was a fantastic fruity, chocolatey aromatic that I almost want to eat and smoke at the same time. The second pound, which just arrived today, is a creamy, smooth English blend that I'd be perfectly happy smoking every day for the rest of my life. I can't wait for the next pound to get here!!

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
I ordered 4 pounds of the "best of the rest" and it is fantastic! Ive got alot of other tobacco but i find myself going to this one a lot. Took a chance on this tobacco and it paid off... :puffy:

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Four pounds just on a chance??? 8O Dude. You are cool as a cucumber. I sweat deciding about 50g tins. But then at the rate I smoke a 50g tin hangs around for a long while.
Simon

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Leftovers....hmm sometimes they are good, sometimes not, I will have to put a thought to it

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Wish I would have known that before ordering my pidily 6 oz just 3 hrs ago.

Shucky darn man.

cadavers

Lurker
Jan 27, 2012
I'll have to buy a pound of that, hope for something good! :D

Thanks for the info mate.

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
With my experience with Pipes and Cigars and Russ Oullette I would say it would be a good chance to take!

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
The way i see it when all my tins get to less than a bowls worth I dump it into a mason jar and have the same thing. I tried a bowl the other day and it was vanilla, chocolate, cherry, coffee, with a hint of nutmeg. It was like ordering a Starbucks. I think I may order one i go through almost 2 ounces in a week so I think it would pay off, and be a new experience each time.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I gotta wonder how they can get POUNDS of leftovers. I mean really, you blend, you pack, you clean the table. Could it be blends they botched and can't put a proper label on it or just sweepings off the floor? I'm not saying it's bad, just inquirying mind.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Let us know what you think Ginger!
And a grateful "Thank You" to everone at P&C for all the hard "work" you guys and girls do! :wink:

sherlock

Can't Leave
Aug 21, 2011
I bought a few pounds a year or so ago and it was a nice all day smoke. Its not that expensive so I figured what do you have to lose, but a few dollars.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If you don't like it I'm sure you'll be able to find a worthy soul on these forums that will find it a nice home. :puffy:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I heard some time ago that Cornell & Diehl has a " Hoover Blend" that is supposed to be similar. I guess they vacuum the left over tobacco from blendings. Never know what the hell you're smoking. Not for me personally, but the price is right.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Another company does something similar & I got some a few days ago, it tasted like perfume, strong cheap perfume, i couldnt get thru the whole bowl. I did manage to pass it along to a friend, he liked it. To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.