PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
I don't like straight coffee itself with pipe tobacco, but I like coffee in its various forms.
Coffee with milk, cold coffee drinks that I prepare, Coca Cola with coffee flavoring etc.

Jan 8, 2013
can't stop wondering am I supposed to drink this beverage tidy or cold since it won't keep warm during the whole half an hour bowlful
Get one of these.
41JQSWUnTzL._SX425_.jpg

It can actually serve a double purpose. I also use mine for drying out tobacco :puffy:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Being a coffee whore, I start on it hot, enjoy it through the lukewarm phase and happily proceed to finish the last cold cup, as well.
The trick for me is using a press, where the hot water is added and that's it. No sitting on a burner until it transforms into battery acid.
By burner, I refer to the hot plate on a typical drip coffee machine, not like the one Anthony shows. I believe those operate at a lower temperature.
jay-roger.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I was going to post in "What Are You Smoking..." just now, but since I'm drinking coffee.......
I'm currently enjoying a cup of coffee & chicory with a Peterson XL21 filled with The Country Squire's Middle Earth Blend, Rivendell. They pair very well together.

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
I don't like straight coffee itself with pipe tobacco, but I like coffee in its various forms.
I'm glad you said this, as it means I'm not the only one to throw a disagreement into the mix. I had a cup of coffee immediately following a pipe yesterday evening and I didn't like the way it made my coffee taste. It only took a few sips for the familiar taste of my coffee to return and drown out the tobacco, but no, I'll keep the two separate from now on.

scpipes

Lurker
Mar 6, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Because of this post i sat down this morning and :puffy: my tankard with a cup of joe this morning. It was actually a perfect day today (Coastal BC = no sunny days! :| )

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Coffee is great with the pipe, but so are the many variations of black tea. I love and english breakfast, an earl gray or a Darjeeling along with a bowl.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Just read a funny Tweet from @pauline_mcd, quoted by Chicago Tribune columnist Eric Zorn:
"A day without coffee is like --- just kidding, I have no idea."

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I always start my day with two bowls and 2 large cups of strong black coffee (when I’m off work). Couldn’t imagine life without one or the other. I definitely believe they compliment each other.

Mar 29, 2016
I prefer cigar and espresso but sometimes in the Summer, I have a Va/Per or some brown Virginia with espresso.

Jan 8, 2013
Macchiato... Like drinking a candy bar!
Yeah great stuff! Dont tell me you like it all bitter and black? :lol: :wink:
Sweetened coffee is fine, even great when all the other added flavors or sugar doesn't drown out the actual taste of coffee. Otherwise what's the point? Granted, this is simply my own opinion, so drink it like you like it. Personally, I've found that the right amount of flavored creamer ( International Delight's Hazelnut Creamer for example) will actually enhance the flavors of the coffee.
Edit to add: Since we're on the topic of pipes and coffee, has anyone here tried any of the coffee blends from Cup O Joes?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Arbuckles makes everything better. Not the impact of bacon but, anything Arioso accompanies will be improved.
I used to ask the girls at the stand to add just enough hazelnut to make me ask, "There's a touch of hazelnut in this. Right?" It can be sublime.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The trick for me is using a press, where the hot water is added and that's it. No sitting on a burner until it transforms into battery acid.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm battery acid (DROOL). Me like...
nqj68d7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.