PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Like anyone needed to say more good things about Pipes and Cigars, but that's what I am going to do.
I live in the Hudson Valley in New York so driving to Albany isn't that much of a hardship for me. I first went there before Christmas to find a pouch as a gift for my father because all of the B&M's down here are closing, are inadequate or are hiding. They came through and it was a pleasant experience.
I've been back twice since with the latest being yesterday. The staff will bend over backwards for you. I asked if they had wind caps (I work outside and it's been windy) they went upstairs to get them. I asked if they had a pipe that I saw on the website and they went upstairs to get it. When I asked if they had the pipe with a fish tail instead of the p-lip, they went upstairs to get it (which I purchased, a Pete Aran 120 fish tail with a nickel band). At this point, I as being helped by, I believe, Russ Ouellete's daughter (she said her father was 'The Blender') and she helped me pick out two awesome tobaccos (H&H Grandma's Kitchen and Classic Burley Kake which is outstanding).
So in the end, I would like to thank the suspected Ms. Ouelette, the other gentleman who helped me, and everyone that helps Pipes and Cigars/Habana Premium exist and flourish. With outstanding service becoming a diminished aspect of the consumer experience, Pipes and Cigars/Habana Premium really know how to make you feel special.
I'm going to try to go back up again next week end with my cousin who is also getting into pipe smoking to show him what great store it is.
And I admit that the lesson that I learned and the recommendation that I make is that if the staff member says they have to go upstairs to check the warehouse, I ask about everything that you want that you don't see on the floor to minimize their trips.
So again, thank you to Pipes and Cigars/Habana Premium for an excellent experience and I hope to see you all again soon.

Jul 15, 2011
I tend to order from Pipes and Cigars more than anyone else. I have always had great service with them and the few times that I have had to call them they were extremely friendly. They will continue to get my business for a long time to come!

lynch618

Lurker
Dec 17, 2011
St. Louis
I tend to order from Pipes and Cigars more than anyone else. I have always had great service with them and the few times that I have had to call them they were extremely friendly. They will continue to get my business for a long time to come
Ditto

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I stop by myself on occasion and take advantage of their nice smoking lounge. They are always very helpful. Usually a short, cute, young lady (always has a cigar) is working the counter. I get a few ounces, than mail order the rest to avoid the NY taxes. I've become pretty fond of "Larry's Blend".

wildcat

Jan 1, 2012
@reichenbach: I agree. I enjoy my visits there. Where in the Hudson Valley are you? I grew up in Highland, went to Highschool in Marlboro (home of Snooky... after my time!), college in New Paltz. Live in Queensbury now, X18 on the Northway. You should drive up here and visit Cup O' Joes store too!

ulteriorzaiak

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
31232237-5101-4EE8-AD7A-C97C01CEE4D2.JPG

I just got my order in today and got a goodie bag with a few samples in it as well! PipesandCigars.com RAWK!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I forgot to post that I stopped by last Tuesday and lucked into their monthly pipe club meeting. A fine group of fellows. Russ was there to introduce some new blends he was getting ready to release, one was a very nice mild English (can't recall the name). I had just stopped by after work to read the paper and enjoy a smoke, so the club meeting was a lucky-strike extra. I even met the Larry who inspired "Larry's Blend", one of Russ' best selling tobacco blends.
Pix: (click the photo to go to the full album)

reichenbach

Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
I was just in there this weekend again with my cousin who got himself a nice Pete Aran 06. The grain on this thing was beautiful. It was pretty busy (it being Saturday) but the staff still made the time to be very personable. They really appreciate their customers, no doubt about it.
Wildcat: I also grew up in Highland and went to SUNY New Paltz. Went to Highland High though (does this mean we have a rivalry?). What year did you graduate? I am planning to get up to Cup O' Joe's as soon as a can put some time together. I love Lake George and the Adirondack area in general and I would really like to try something from With Pipe and Book.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for all the nice comments, and, yes, the cute, little cigar smoking lady is my daughter, Kaira (she definitely knows her stuff). I'm glad that you feel welcome and comfortable in our shop- we try to go out of our way to make our customers happy. If you stop by during the week before 5 pm, mention something to any of our people so they can call up and let me know; I'll come down to say hi.
Russ

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was able to attend the NY Pipe Club Meeting this evening. They passed around the labels for the soon-to-be released New York Pipe Club blends. Everyone was very pleased and the names/labels also are fittingly NY themed. Nice work Russ!

johnd

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2012
I just had a chance visit P&C on March 16th. We flew into Albany , traveling for a wedding in the family. I got to meet Kaira and she couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.

It's great to know such shops still exist and can thrive. I bought my first Peterson System pipe, a 312 rustic.

Very happy to have gotten to P&C in person!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Nice friendly staff. But I got beat for $30 Bucks on an identical pipe from their own website. I'll stick to ordering from them online if they ever answer my friendly email.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I switched to P&C a few months ago for my regular orders. My order arrived early today, my normal purchase, except for a sample of Cerberus, that I was really looking forward to trying. It was on the invoice, but not in the box.

Long story short...within minutes a tin of Cerberus was placed on Sarah's desk and I was asked if it would be alright if they waited till my next order (shipping costs), just write in the comments box that there's a tin on Sarah's desk. Would that be alright? For a sample that was free anyway?

Thankyou Sarah, and thankyou P&C. Customer service like this leaves the competition lying on the ground bleeding and whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.