PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
My woman has never liked my smoking. I smoke on another level of the house, two hours in the evening, with an expensive air purifier. She tolerates it and keeps me around to lift heavy objects from time to time.

Reactions: Humblepipe

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
We come here to build community around the topic of pipes, tobacco.
Probably should read, "I come here to ....." You shouldn't attempt to speak for all of us. It's a good thought though, I suppose, that all of us have the same objective. But, many of us can't even agree as to cobs, blends, how to tamp, loading methods, etc. Some of us are even asocial so, hardly a brotherhood! More a conglomeration of smokers with few similarities and many differences of opinion.

Reactions: gatorlope

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
As soon as I figure out what "deleterious" means, I will probably have a better response, but for now - when my wife and I were dating she gave me a pipe, some tobacco and a year's subscription to Pipes & Tobaccos Magazine for my birthday. After receiving the gifts I dropped to one knee and asked her to marry me. Here it is, 20-years later, and I still love that gal as much as I love my pipes... well, almost. And she's perfectly fine with that.
Do you still have that pipe?

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
I rely almost solely on sparkling water for hydration. LaCroix and such. There are cases of it stashed around the house. My wife affectionately refers to it as my "gay water." It has become simply another word in the family vocabulary now. So much so that even my 73 year old mother will ask for a can of gay water when visiting and no one will bat an eyelash.
She also teases me about my Duluth Trading "Double Flex" jeans. She calls them my "Man Jeggings."
Not much of an Aro guy though. I enjoy some of them, but they only make up maybe 10% of the cellar. A rare break between all the English/VA/Vaper/VaBurs.
"Gay water" literally made me laugh out loud

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Probably should read, "I come here to ....." You shouldn't attempt to speak for all of us. It's a good thought though, I suppose, that all of us have the same objective. But, many of us can't even agree as to cobs, blends, how to tamp, loading methods, etc. Some of us are even asocial so, hardly a brotherhood! More a conglomeration of smokers with few similarities and many differences of opinion.

Fair enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.