PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Old What's-her-name doesn't mind, largely because I've never once belly-ached about her fabric & yarn. (We don't have a man-cave, we have a yarn-cave.) She enjoys a lot of what I smoke, & occasionally comes outside to join me for a while. She also actually likes the smell of latakia. Yeah, go figure on that one.
Bill

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
My wife, and daughter, are asthmatic and allergic to smoke. Thus I only smoke in my detached garage. The system works. My wife comes to the Chicago Pipe Show for some days. She actually went into the tent once. BIG BREATH, run in, look around, run out, TAKE NEW BREATH! She enjoys the show.
I don't participate in her quilting activities. I had a traumatic experience, as a small boy, involving a sewing machine.

If my wife avoided me while I smoked, I would never see her.
When I met her, she demanded that I stop smoking before she would go out with me, because she lost her father to cigarettes and lung cancer when she was young, so she was a smoking-nazi. But, after some discussion, she settled for quitting cigs for the pipe. And, I have always been able to smoke inside, as the whole family loves the smells and aromas of natural tobacco. It smells like home.

Now, she will smoke the occasional cigar, and when we are out and about and she smells an aromatic tobacco, I have to restrain her from telling the aromatic smoker that their balls will drop one day and they will smoke real tobacco. One time in a humidor at the local cigar pub, she told a guy who asked for a vanilla cigar, "oh excuse me, I thought you were a man. ha ha."
I don't profile people like that. I'm not sure where she gets it. But, I have to remind her that she used to be an anti-smoking freak. She just shrugs and says that guys who smoke those things need to develop thick skins and a sense of humor. :puffy:
Smoke what you like; like what you smoke. And, don't be embarrassed buy your girly choices in life. :puffy:

Reactions: shanez

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Smoke what you like; like what you smoke. And, don't be embarrassed buy your girly choices in life.
I rely almost solely on sparkling water for hydration. LaCroix and such. There are cases of it stashed around the house. My wife affectionately refers to it as my "gay water." It has become simply another word in the family vocabulary now. So much so that even my 73 year old mother will ask for a can of gay water when visiting and no one will bat an eyelash.
She also teases me about my Duluth Trading "Double Flex" jeans. She calls them my "Man Jeggings."
Not much of an Aro guy though. I enjoy some of them, but they only make up maybe 10% of the cellar. A rare break between all the English/VA/Vaper/VaBurs.

Reactions: Mr.Mike

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
She just shrugs and says that guys who smoke those things need to develop thick skins and a sense of humor.

Smoke what you like; like what you smoke. And, don't be embarrassed buy your girly choices in life.
I like to drink beer, whiskey, and the occasional strawberry daiquiri with a little umbrella in it :puffy:
I also like to smoke full flavored tobaccos and cigars, as well as the occasional aromatic.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Charles Bukowski on his "inner softy" and the effort to hide it (at least that's my interpretation of this poem). Read by Harry Dean Stanton, I think. I love the ending, really drives the point home, haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmWZOsVtqR0

Reactions: anotherbob

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Smoke what you like; like what you smoke. And, don't be embarrassed by your girly choices in life.
Smoking an aromatic is like riding a Vespa; it's fun, and sometimes you just have to let the open wind blow through your vagina.
Whenever I have a short dash, less than 10 miles, I often air out the ole Va-J-J on this 10.3 cubic inch powerhouse. The "real" bike hardly gets warmed up in that distance. This 170cc water cooled single will get 70mpg and do highway speeds. 2009 SYM HD200:
scoot-600x450.jpg

To further demonstrate security with my manhood, when I get up in the middle of the night to take a leak, I sit down rather than piss all over the place in my semiconscious state.
The cherry on top, I went to a free yoga session for the first time today. Since my surgery in June, I've been a sedentary fat-ass and now I'm trying to get the gears turning again.
Bonus: Some incredible scenery at a yoga session... :P
I only recently broke into the world of aromatic smokes, so they can't be to blame.
jay-roger.jpg

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Some incredible scenery at a yoga session
Honestly half the reason I've never gone to a yoga session. I can't even look at a picture of women in yoga pants with something stirring. Seeing it live would require significant effort to keep little Frank from making an appearance through the spandex.
The other reason being my own sedentary fat-assness. They don't make yoga pants in my size. I could wear my Duluth "Double Flex" jeans though..... :lol:

I've seen "enlightened" people at the park, eating out of dumpsters and living on the streets. The very idea of enlightenment scares the holy shit out of me, muttering about to no one, sleeping on the sidewalk, no possessions, no attachments, like a damn communist.

So, when my wife started goading me into taking yoga, I resisted... as long as I could. You'd have to know the persistent power of my wife. But, I warned her, "I'll take the damned yoga, but if I get enlightened, I'm kicking your ass." :puffy:

Reactions: briarbuda48

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
My wife just hasn’t got much tolerance for the smell of tobacco in the house, despite the fact that she gave me a couple of meerschaum pipes and some tobacco that she brought back from Russia.

That’s alright, though, because I’Ve got setups on both the front and back patios that allow me to light up and relax with my iPad or my journals.

Besides, she’s a mite younger than me and I have the house to myself most of the day when she goes to work. Even when she gets home, I have no trouble finding time for a pipe or three when she’s watching her Russian programs. Conversing In English and listening to Russian doesn’t work very well!

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
My wife has never been a smoker and HATED when I used to smoke cigarettes. But I have recently stopped drinking and been sober for 93 days, she'll take me stepping outside and smoking a pipe over her worrying about me being dead or in jail from the drink.

She sure is a keeper.
Congrats on the sobriety!
We all have our vices, but it’s no good when you endanger yourself and others.
Welcome to piping and I hope you find the satisfaction and enjoyment that I have.

Reactions: anotherbob
Status
Not open for further replies.