PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
The T handle sticking out of the ground. Gas shut off?
Was that a garden/utility shed on the other side of the fence?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Someone aware enough to get the cars out of the garage- either before or after the fire was started. Or after the fire started!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I looked at my file. That isn't a swamp cooler, it a AC Pack Unit.
The fire scene was essentially the "repair shop; however, it spread to three other storage sheds. They were all in backyards. No vehicles.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Can you tell us if suspicion is present, whether in you or the ins. Co? Or is your presence at their behest indication of their suspicion? Or is it s.o.p.?

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
A nice and worthwhile 'experiment' if you ask me. Will this help dispel/confirm the myth that pipe bowl and water should never meet?

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Will this help dispel/confirm the myth that pipe bowl and water should never meet?
Well this experiment and the other water soak one should really just add fuel to the fire. Nothing is ever dispelled in the pipe smoking world. I'm sure there are still folks who believe in the Dunhill ivory dot

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Okay, the pipe is out of the freezer. I'll let it thaw in the bag and then dry it out.
[url='http://i.imgur.com/lW0plpj' t=_self]
lW0plpj.jpg'
[/url]
[url='http://i.imgur.com/YAHl5Lf' t=_self]
YAHl5Lf.jpg'
[/url]

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Ash, you’re going to freak when you find the control pipe has split in two out of terror at what’s happening to its mate.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Okay folks, I pulled the pipe out of the bag now that it's thawed. It weighs 45 grams. It has ZERO visible flaws. The shank/stem fit is now loose, but I expect it to tighten up, AGAIN.
I absolutely will not subject this pipe to any more water, unless by pure accident.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I love a good science experiment, but damn, I'm glad that's not one of my pipes. 8O
Respect for having the intestinal fortitude to see it through and not with some cheap pipes that would be subject to claims of inferior briar, bad engineering, poor quality control, blah blah blah!

Status
Not open for further replies.