PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stflorian

Might Stick Around
Jan 16, 2015
Looking into getting a travel case/pouch for my pipe. I have used various fake leather travel cases but they never hold up. Hoping to find one that holds 2 pipes along with lighter, pipe tool, tobacco pouch, and pipe cleaners. Any recommendations? I was looking at Sorringowl but was hoping to find info from people who have used them before spending that kind of money on a travel case.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
There are many beautiful leather pipe travel cases. My wife bought me one designed for churchwardens but equally suitable for other pipes and necessary supplies. However, for some purposes, where there is a lot of exposure, as in airport carry-on or even checked luggage, there is a good argument for a cheap durable nylon shaving kit. It holds everything. You can use a few pipe socks as padding if you think it's needed, but most of all, it is unlikely to be a temptation for theft. The rapidly working thief assumes he's getting your deodorant and disposable razor, and will look elsewhere. Especially if you usually travel with durable not-expensive pipes, the shaving kit is perfect. If you're going to be with pipe people and want to show off a little, then maybe risk the pretty leather case with all the do-dads. I just hate to get robbed if I can help it.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I have a Tim West 2 pipe case that I like. I got it off his eBay site. It holds 2 pipes, has 2 tobacco pouches, a small zippered pouch for my lighter, and a place for about a dozen pipe cleaners.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Mine is a Peterson which holds two pipes plus all the necessary bits. It even has a mini pouch which holds enough for a day's puffing. I only use it for holidays and I recommend it for that purpose.
https://www.thebackyshop.co.uk/system/pictures/308/original/Peterson_Leather_Pipe_Tobacco_Compendium_133.jpg
Mike

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mine is made by Savinelli, designed for two churchwardens, with two pockets, one snap and one zipper, and room for another pipe or two, tobacco baggies, pipe cleaners, matches/lighter and pipe tools. It's about 1' long and 4" wide.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I got this old Case Logic case for 3 or 4 bucks at the thrift store.
I think it was designed for the portable CD players "back in the day" (google it, kids...)
case-2-600x337.jpg

It seems almost custom fit for pipes and tins.
case-1-600x337.jpg

The larger rear pocket can hold a book or tablet. Everything I need for the jaunt off to the coffee house, or toss into the saddle bag for a road trip.
case-3-600x337.jpg

No one wants these any more and deals abound!
jay-roger.jpg

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Necessity is the mother of invention. I see you have the same philosophy :)
I simply can't afford those $200 leather pouches and roll ups, and even if I could, I'd rather spend the $$$ on pipes or tobacco.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Here's one place to order
http://www.lapolicegear.com/condor-side-kick-pouch.html
Here's the manufacturer website
http://www.condoroutdoor.com/Condor-MA67.aspx

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I went a slightly different route and went away from a "pipe specific" system. Instead, I've opted for the Maxpedition "Fatty" pocket organizer. I just stick my pipe in a pipe sock to protect against any rubbing and have plenty of room for a tobacco baggie and all the tools.
Here's an Amazon link that has pictures, dimensions, etc. Those of you with EDC bags may recognize this or similar systems.
Maxpedition Fatty Orgzanizer

May 4, 2015
Wow bassbug and lifesizehobbit! Those are both GREAT solutions and at a steal of a price, both of them.
I'll be snagging either/or for sure.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Is the image with this post, "Made by a company called Condor. less than $20" viewable by some? Or was visible now is not? It's a Google image thing with a URL four miles long.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Ok - I clicked on the Condor link and found a unit almost like the Maxpedtion link I provided... bassbug and me... great minds. :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks! Google images continue to baffle. I messed around with the URL, reduced the sizing by 50%, did not work, no image showed. Then removed all sizing at the end of the URL, and it comes up with this reduced dimension. Baffling.
OPbGp4CmD2aY4kuAFcFXGQC76RTMY8GW4aotqofla5FO-NwmgIQcb7_bnhsosy9xwaI-N0OJiMCnr5uWo9mJ-fbGzMjKydsaI9NpJdNNsOAfFFG5mTMCUWFQTNTo4KUY-EsFqslvdPYEvUwMPRIKMOj-R9f4Hv5z1CLDs8Kgg_IfZf5lV4CWp8hBBjyu9tYD__t3caM2gRqShZInOxJTBWsKE7HlstpjdkhRIes7rv3G1EW0PAxie1xuOU8WUWUdY3Bl7JfahMA-_p__iZBGN-iHDubetixqW3cr5tLPlRqp-OL3lrPvZjeYET5zUlLvup6qhD9qNMJFaZjSDd3M8Tig-D-9lZT_pEmTDAih5rAXrnLqzMYmhA09xhdcM0F0ZlNVXN95Iqd-9kUE3MZkrgSNv4st0JvWqp-gSK4nqT7OZyKEwSkmPLlrI9pnx_2RfeM2SBWyi7XNLTNA9NT3Xw8r96pcv__8JzWbBo0-lcG0ItH4z8SOHahMdba7GVS8S_qEpmJ71QmfBwDNfwqPqNnm43Ee4FO9VlewY62tjpVBsUy_IPOe97n3nFmRJOdH26q--fxpnbvbkoKgqaRyLIiWo3io09ZhiMnBNLTCtwW8cz3tF0VrWmoU

And nice looking case, contents. Way too neat for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.