Pipe Tobacco Containers = Best ? Suggestions ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I just purchased this for $2.oo it is glass with a screw top and it has a window....

mypipes002-2.jpg

Does anybody have any similar or recomendations ??

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Very fancy, and the wide mouth top will prove to be convenient for loading a pipe.

I hope it seals well. (I'm a Mason jar guy myself, but your canister looks really neat.)

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
That's a great looking canister Juozapas. Where did you find it?

I'm using glass-on-glass bail top jars.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
I was researching this on line a few weeks ago and found an article that said to never re-use a lid with any rubber in its construction if it had been used previously for pickles.Apparently,no matter how well you clean it,the dill flavor always find its way into the tobacco.I must admit that the article was referring to long term storage in regard to my post and interest on tobacco prohibition.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I just buy some of those cheap glass jars with a rubber seal around the lid, they're like 1.50 a pop at Walmart...
I have been buying those as well Bubba, they work beautifully.

I think we probably need to keep this to ourselves.... The wonderful world of repackaging being what it is, if word gets out that they make great tobacco jars.... well they will jump up in price.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In a pinch, I've used Smucker's Preserves jars. They hold 2+ oz. nicely and seal well, with no hint of foreign odors.

I've had tobacco dry out when relying on the plastic lids provided with tins; so when I open a tin, I transfer the

contents to a jar immediately.
I've also had good luck rubbing the rim of a tin with wax (bee's or candle), and pressing aluminum foil over it

-- snapping the plastic lid back on over the whole affair. But for me, jars are the way to go, plus, you can see

the contents without opening the container, which is the nice feature of Juozapas' new canister.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
For bulk storage, I use wide mouth quart Mason jars. For every day use, I decant tobacco from the Mason jars into these.

DSC_0260_edited-1.jpg

This is a 28 oz jar with screw top lid Herself found at one of those Dollar stores. She bought 10 of them for me.

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
We have "Dollar Stores" here in Barrie,Ontario,Canada.....they have all kinds of containers. I guess, like the other members pointed out, that it's important that it has a proper and good seal. This will ensure its freshness. I like to turn the canister over a few times...just to keep the moisture consistency....works great so far !!

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Found those jars at my Wally world but here in Jersey they want about 6 a pop for them. Will have to save my pennies(and lay off my pad and tad issues) and pick up a few.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Duncan, I went looking at Walmart her in Oklahoma and they also what $6 for them... I think I am going to try the Dollar stores in the area. (I don't need it but I want it, and that is all that matters)

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
Chuck, herself is very good to you, you are A lucky man. My DA is not nearly as understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.