PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
60511141b4a54fe9938175299883c204.0.jpg

I don't know when this will take effect but perhaps we need to quickly cellar. We can organize group buys so that no one is left out and all can join in the frenzy. Let's start multiple threads with buy ins and posts ad nauseam. Ready...go!

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Jesus is surely coming soon.......really no joke! look at everything else that's going on. The rebuilding of the temple will be soon.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
I'm afraid of the biggest, most repulsive cancer of all- big brother in the White Palace telling me how to live my life. Can anyone say Stalin?

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
N.B. This is NOT aimed at rhoadsie and is in no way a comment on his posting of this piece, but - further to Dan's (woodsroad) post - this is a fake article. Someone has taken the original blog piece and photoshopped it onto the NYT banner. Even if we didn't have the original, the mistakes (punctuation, grammar, lack of plural 's') would not have made it past even a first-day sub-editor on a local rag. And the opening para makes no reference to the article heading. You could argue that it was written by someone for whom English isn't a first language. And looking at the original, you'd be right. This is a cut-and-paste aimed at a specific audience.
Some anti-, somewhere, thinks he/she is funny!
Andy

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Someone has taken the original blog piece and photoshopped it onto the NYT banner.
Well, almost...
Even the banner is fake. The font is wrong, and it's not the "New York Times", it's "The New York Times"
In related news, I know for a fact that at least one Deputy Executive Editor for The New York Times is a pipe smoker!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Andy and Walt, thanks for spelling it out in a much more clear and concise manner than I did. There is so little quality information available these days, that I just automatically assume that anything that I read is flawed, fake or fraud.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Walt Connoy, I didn't think I'd seen that story in my wife's copy of The Times. Also, it is highly suspect when other news sources haven't mentioned it. There's a pretty dependable strum and drang between outlets with notable stories. Never hurts to wake up the troops on a Monday. I bet a few TAD attacks were activated. Our sponsors thank you.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Cosmic you can include Ted Koppel in that doomsday preppers list. Not sure if you've seen his new book "Lights Out"

Status
Not open for further replies.