PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
Wow, I guess I didn't realize that people would think that was a real article (I didn't think it was) or would take the post very seriously. Especially given my tongue in cheek comment below it. For the record, the doomsday pipe ban is NOT upon us.

basil

Might Stick Around
Nov 17, 2013
Wait! Don't say it's a fake article yet! I'm in the process of getting my wife to approve a large TAD order.....

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
hqdefault.jpg

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
From the second we are pulled from the womb we are destined to die. Humans are not born to be immortal and is the only creation in nature to fight so hard to prevent natures design.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I work in the medical center, in Houston, in the cancer center and I see young people as 18 some are my age, 29, strong young men die from cancer, and some of the people don't even smoke, we can die any time , we are destined to die. there are some folks that don't research or read articles about pipe smoking and just because its a tobacco they thinks is the most dangerous form of tobacco, but they are wrong,

hooboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
I believe this article was false, BUT I really can't ridicule the knee jerkers and doomsdayers.

If those have got it right I want to be a friend of theirs!
I just bet they were some saying the same thing when prohibition was being discussed! (A total ban on Alcohol,This would NEVER happen right?) Some said it would never pass because of the tax revenue loss! Yeah right.
Just look at what happened to big tobacco and cigarettes , Just remember THERE is a war on tobacco.

The haters never hesitate to falsify their findings for their own goals .

The way our current leaders act they could very well do this. AFTER all they know whats best for us in every aspect of our lives!

hoo (stepping down from his soapbox )

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
A lot of us have a keen grasp of the obvious with regard to death.
hoo: The antis may be misguided from a smoker's standpoint but, they are winning the "war" and no amount of oratory or hand wringing will change that. We smokers are simply on the losing side by any objective measurement.
Smokers will grasp at any evidence, no matter how fragile, to support the use of tobacco. Much as the antis sometimes tout iffy science. And, they don't have to do so as there is a preponderance of well supported research which proves the downside of tobacco.
Tobacco use will never entirely fade away but, it will be relegated to those with the means to acquire it. I suspect smoking will revert to its roots, clubs and in-home use only. Perhaps smoking jackets and caps will see a resurgence also.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
You're right about the knee jerking, Warren. And just when I got the Jake leg calmed down from all the "discontinued" Sterno I drank.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
They would ban cigarettes before they ever ban pipe tobacco. Or at least that is what I hope. : ), I am however annoyed with people posting random garbage they find on the internet. Does anyone actually check the validity of anything they read anymore?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A "ban" is relative.
We will probably never see an outright ban on pipe tobacco in our lifetime. Or, at least in MY lifetime. But you will see a greatly reduced selection in ever more mandated packaging (50% or better coverage with "warning" labels) at much higher prices, sold in fewer and fewer places. The market will shrink, the economics of producing pipe tobacco will get tighter, and fewer and fewer companies will produce less and less.
But tomorrow morning, I'll have another cup of quadruple espresso, and get back to work on the blends at Standard. Because pipe tobacco makes people smile. And that's a good thing.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The Progressives have an Islam-O-Fascist problem right now. While tobacco is certainly on their Ban list, guns seem to be their main target. Importing the Syrian population and stripping you of arms seems the better means to an end. Sharia law will take care of that wascally tobacco problem. :puffpipe:

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The tax revenues alone are enough to make those in government reluctant to "ban" tobacco products especially when the "Health Risks" will justify higher and higher taxes, supposedly to discourage the practice. Think about it, after what was reveled about the cigarette companies in the trials a number of years back, you can still buy a pack of smokes at just about any convenience store. Why? The states make big money taxing them and no matter how egregious the offences were, there's money to be had. There's already a push by the states to get their share of "on-line" sales. Tobacco is a cash cow nobody will be killing any time soon.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Jeez, enough already with the ad nauseam remarks that we are all destined to die no mater what choices we take in life. As for the article posted by the OP it's obviously bogus and I've seen better grammar in the spam I get in my email. I'm sure the bureaucrats will, over time, try their damnedest to impose more and more taxes on any and all tobacco but I'm certainly not going to get my shorts in a bind over it. Christ almighty... just how many here remember when gas cost .39 cents a gallon and a pack of cigarettes was the same. That's life and deal with it as there isn't diddly squat you can do about it. As for me, I think I'll survive with this so called tobacco Armageddon and not lose any sleep over it. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.