PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Wanted to know if you all had any favorite pipe smokers on YouTube. I like to follow a channel called "Stuff and Things," that does reviews.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
+1 for "stuff and things" best tobacco reviews on YouTube. I think his name is Bradley.. Also I follow this guy "Public Piper". He has good content also.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I follow Stuff&Things, Cigars International, Mr. Brog, Public Piper, Honest Cigar Reviews, Stogiefarts, Cutlerylover. And I sometimes watch the videos of Dagners, not subscribed though.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I watched 'our good friend Bradley' for a few of his Sunday Smoke 'episodes' but I find his overwhelming pretentiousness to be difficult to tolerate.

I look for reviews on particular blends sometimes and I find that a few of these regular presenters have a reasonably helpful perspective.

I regularly check out NW Piper, Aristocob, The Smoking Dagners (with Elaine),OneManSmoke, Matches860, Public Piper, Polish Piper, and one guy with a GrandPa puppet,mknchng.

I think Matches860 has the more comprehensive reviews of those I've mentioned.

grandpa

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Stuff & things is good. He's a 'proper connoisseur' of the game and can be a little pretentious at times but knows his thing. His choice of the finest lighters, pens, pipes etc is a little different to what I'm used to, but his opinion on the tobacco itself is very reliable. (shame he went full blown murica on us and started doing gun videos though..)
TokingTommy is a good English guy to watch, he did a series of videos of over the counter blends in the UK and is well spoken and down to earth. He knows his thing too, but is much more humble to what is 'normal' when it comes to smoking a pipe. No bs, just honest and enteraining.
^ those two I go to actual reviews.
Those dagner guys are ok, I wouldn't go to any of their videos for tobacco reviews but that collosal beard seems to please the eye lol. The chick doesn't really need to be int he vid's, but I guess breaking up an incestual sausage fest is cool.
Cutlerlover, nice guy but probably better to listen to his cigar reviews rather than the pipe stuff. Not that he's inexperienced or anything, but.. you know.
Several others are entertaining and enjoyable to watch a learn the odd thing for, but tbh, just entertaining.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I've watched a bunch, not impressed. Most guys half my age and haven't been smoking long. Not sure what I stand to learn watching some guy smoking, inasmuch as I can't taste or smell the tobacco. Plus most of them aren't terribly articulate or entertaining, and their cinematic skills (mostly cellphone cameras) leave a lot to be desired.
The one I do like is the old gent from James Fox, with the pleasant Irish accent.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I keep track of some pipe channels on YouTube.
I learned a lot from and got inspired by to an extent from DubInTheDam aka Pearse. He doesn't really do videos any more, but the videos he has up are still very relevant and helpful today.
Some of them I watch mostly for entertainment value like that Dagners and the Beer N Baccy Show.
Some of them I watch for insights on blends like Stuff&Things and PublicPiper.
A lot of times I put them on in the background while surfing the web when having a bowl. The cinematography doesn't matter to me at all. As long as the person has a personality I like and is talking about pipes or pipe tobacco I'll give it a listen.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Matches 860

Public Piper

Classical pipes

Stogie Farts(chat with him on Twitter once in a while, nice guy)

Dagners

SmokeRingsandPipeDreams
I prefer chatting with you guys and learn a hell of a lot more about pipe technique and tobacco.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've watched a bunch, not impressed. Most guys half my age and haven't been smoking long. Not sure what I stand to learn watching some guy smoking, inasmuch as I can't taste or smell the tobacco. Plus most of them aren't terribly articulate or entertaining, and their cinematic skills (mostly cellphone cameras) leave a lot to be desired.
The one I do like is the old gent from James Fox, with the pleasant Irish accent.
What's to be impressed with. We are just a bunch of average guys/gals that enjoy the hobby of pipe smoking and want to share stories and/or our experiences. The YTPC has no requirements of race, sex, religion, political point of view, age and/or wealth. Just because someone is half your age and only been smoking a few years doesn't mean that they can't provide good information for fellow pipe smokers. Sorry if we're not as sophisticated as you may like, but we're just a bunch of guys/gals sharing our hobby with fellow pipe smokers. Not sure what CGI effects, camera angels you're looking for, or exactly what kind of entertainment you're looking for, but there are a lot of guys/gals that are very entertaining. Most of us are on there for the simple fact that we don't have someone close to us that we can sit and share a smoke with, so this is one way for us to share a smoke with someone.
Plus you don't need a fancy camera to just sit back and record yourself smoking a pipe. Are you wanting someone to go out and buy thousands of dollars of camera equipment, hire producers and directors, and spend time editing video with affects just so you might be entertained? Its obvious you don't understand the idea behind the YTPC (YouTube Pipe Community).

bpftc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 21, 2016
I like the ones who have been mentioned above as well. On occasion I watch a poster named legacyUK. Mostly because he gets so excited about his pipes and his voice is so high pitched it makes me laugh.

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I used to really enjoy watching Tamper Peterson and Astroman2112. Charles Godspeed was pretty good too. They've all stopped making videos now and I haven't found any I like as much since.

delro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
I enjoy reading the posts about how you don't like certain people reviewing tobaccos because you feel they are to young or inexperienced. Or about how individuals use crappy phones or don't speak as well as others. Funny thing is once you remove your head from your behind you will realize that these members of the YTPC do it because they enjoy it, not to amuse some guy trolling the forums. Trust me no one is trying to impress you with their videos. If you are so displeased and so quick to pick apart things you don't like about them maybe make your own videos, that way you can watch yourself talk since the young guns are inadequate.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't follow any of these people as they cannot teach me a thing about pipe smoking. I am a professional and watching amateurs offends my sensibilities. If anyone wants to know how to smoke a pipe, contact me and for 100.00, I will turn you into a professional like myself.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Watching some guy light his pipe, smoke his pipe, and blab about the weather is about as interesting as watching someone eat a burger.
Most of the YTPC videos that I've seen pack about 30 seconds of interesting content into 10 minutes of video (plus lots of traffic/wind noise mixed in for good measure).
B-o-r-i-n-g.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Watching some guy light his pipe, smoke his pipe, and blab about the weather is about as interesting as watching someone eat a burger.
Most of the YTPC videos that I've seen pack about 30 seconds of interesting content into 10 minutes of video (plus lots of traffic/wind noise mixed in for good measure).
B-o-r-i-n-g.
Yes, some videos can be boring... heck I've made lots of boring video's. LOL While there are some video's that are there to provide how to info and/or reviews; the main reason for most people to be involved in the YTPC is to share their smoking experience with someone else. Most of us don't have someone to sit down and share a smoke with, so most of us make video's so we can simulate that experience. I've established a lot of great friendships with other YTPC members. I regularly talk with other members from all over the US, one from the UK and one from Australia. I've also met up with others at pipe events that I've hosted or help put on. Most of the how to stuff has been done over and over, so a lot of us make video's for companionship/friendship. The YTPC is a giant pipe club and you can be as boring and/or as exciting as you want. Either way all are welcome to join as we don't judge anyone. The experience is what you make it. Its not for everyone, and if its not for you that's fine. To each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.