PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I've been smoking a pipe for about two years. Never have I smoked a pipe yet, with no relights. Until today!
Pipe: RobRoy Cob

Tobacco: PSLuxury Navy Flake
I rubbed out the flake, loaded the pipe as usual, before I realized what was going on I was at the heel of the bowl. Trying to light the dottle, I discovered with a grin, there was no dottle. Just ash. Am I in the club now or what?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Gentlemen!! The no-dottle club, while not entirely secret, is for the genteel only. Genteel is hereby defined as anyone who can pony up the $5,000 initiation. But you get a great smoking jacket, with patch, and a special tamper for members only. PM me your CC number, expiry date, and PIN for further information.
The smoking lamp is re-lit!

mathoozula

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2013
I just learned to retrohale; my pipe skill is improving as well.
This retrohale adds a whole new character to the pipe smoking. I'm going to have to rethink everything about packing now. This hobby is fun! :)

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
mathoozula, I had to reteach myself how to do the retrohale, I smoked cigarettes many years ago and retro hailed all the time. When I started smoking a pipe I associated the retro hale with inhalation. It took me months to get over this and I finally retro haled on accident, what a world of difference it makes.
So everybody knows now, per Hawke, the Pass is Yippee!

sthbkr77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 17, 2015
MD
But was it a "fine white ash"?
Kidding aside, that is a great moment and something to strive toward.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
But was it a"fine white ash"?
Ok, OK, Ok, it may not have been heavenly fine "white" ash, but I checked for Dottie after I failed to get a light. No dottle.
This may go the direction of the mythical fish. :rofl:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
"yippee" is the PIN for my bank account, how did he guess?
When we receive the $5K, the committee will decide to accept it or not, and once the check clears, we'll send the real PW!
Best of luck!

Yeh, when everyone else was posting on another thread that they never smoked all the way to the bottom... I just sat back and watched. I didn't want to make everyone feel bad, not to brag but ...but I always smoke to the bottom without relights. I just thought that everyone just told the newbies that they had to relight often to keep the newbies from feeling bad. Right? right?

But, good for you. You are becoming a real pipe smoker, finally.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The only thing about it is I have to do it more than once. Cosmic, I haven't smoked to the bottom with no relights since.
Now one thing I have noticed, break those flakes out, and do not fill the pipe to the brim. I do a gravity three step process that works for me, when packing the pipe. I have a bad habit of putting to much tobacco in at the last step, though, which causes issues keeping the pipe lit.

Status
Not open for further replies.