PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I filled a want for a buddy with a crisp, like new copy of loring's book and this is what I came home with. This may have been my last WCPS until I retire, getting time off is getting to be a big pain in the ass. 8O Sorry I couldn't get these to format correctly.

img_2127.jpg

img_2126.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That's some pretty fancy whiskey, Dave.
My spidey sense says that means it's likely one (or more) of the Guss Brothers was up to his old tricks, softening up a selection of prospective vic--- I mean friends, for a session of pipe trading.
Discovered you swapped that Fiammata Greatline for a bent and clogged Falcon w/extra bowl after you got back home, you say? Welcome to the Gussworld. :rofl:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Discovered you swapped that Fiammata Greatline for a bent and clogged Falcon w/extra bowl after you got back home, you say? Welcome to the Gussworld
George, you're just bitter over the time you fell asleep at a Seattle Pipe Club party with a bottle of Pappy van Winkle 15 year old bourbon in your hand, only to wake up the next morning with all your Dunhills missing and your pants on backwards. I think we all know who was responsible for that little escapade. And I'm sure you realize that Jesse is profoundly sorry and will pay for any therapy, physical or psychological, you may need.
By the way, the "Pappy" was just an empty bottle Jesse bought off eBay and refilled with Night Train. Every year some sucker innocent victim falls for the same old trick.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Thank you ALL! Love the photos. I believe that it is important to show photos like these for the guys (and gals) who have never been to a show. It’s one thing to listen about it on a podcast, but it’s much more important to get a sense of the personal connection.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I thought that van Winkle tasted a bit off...
I suppose you're gonna tell me that the Aladdin Genie cel Jesse sold me for $75K that night is fake, too, right? In fact, now I bet he didn't even work on that movie...
You guys are so mean. :evil:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I suppose you're gonna tell me that the Aladdin Genie cel Jesse sold me for $75K that night is fake, too, right?
The one of Jasmine rubbing the Genie's magic lantern? No, you got a bargain; that's real.
In fact, now I bet he didn't even work on that movie...
I'm pretty sure Jesse was telling the truth, it's in his IMDb credits:
jesse-silver-bio-2.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've always been impressed with Jon's ability as a researcher and his renowned ability to fabricate uncover long lost data. And I recently was provided with an important insight into Jon's research methodology when this posthumous image of one of Jon's many deceased research assistants was featured on Nextdoor:
jbCf12Z.jpg

The article also included this police mock up of a missing research assistant based on Jon's description. There was some question as to his state of intoxication at the time.
X4BT4Yj.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Jesse, I think I have a job for you. Occasionally I make homemade marshmallow cream and I could use a good, experienced fluffer. Of course I'll need to see your work and check you references.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
...renowned ability to fabricateuncover long lost data
Why should I be ashamed of fabricating data? This is an artisanal hobby, rife with craftsmanship. Think of all the handmade things we cherish: pipes, tampers, leather bags, and tobacco blends. Why should research be any different? I'm proud to say that I handpick each fact, consider its meaning, hive off the rough edges and hone what remains in order to reveal the truth within. It's the richest kind of research. And if I've run through a few research assistants in achieving perfection, that seems a small price to pay. Besides, there are always more where they came from. All I have to do is troll local graduate schools, dangling grant applications from the tailpipe of my car.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Hold on...
Just starting my day and checking where this thread went.
I want to make double-sure sure I've got this right, Mr. Slips People Cheap Whiskey... :evil:
You say I not only woke up that morning all my Dunhills went missing with my pants on backwards... but... but... Jesse's REAL job in the film business is...
ahhhhhhhh.gif

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Laugh all you want, but fluffers are an essential and important part of the process, and we few, we happy, happy few, make serious wads of cash for our difficult jobs. Some of these cartoon characters live hard and show up at the studio in particularly raggedy condition.
Take Wiley for example. He's not exactly a beauty queen to begin with but one morning he showed up looking like this:
6KCScBe.jpg

That tail looks like it's been eaten by moths!
After a bit of preening, he's ready to go onstage:
vLMNs8r.jpg

Without fluffers, your pathetic existence would be even more degrading.
BTW, George, that cell I sold you is absolutely genuine! At least that's what the broker I bought it from on a street corner in Shanghai, told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.