PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm heading to Racine this friday for a unexpected visit. I've been looking online but I can't find/confirm any shops that sell pipes and pipe tobacco. I'll be turning around the same day and driving back home and it isn't exactly a fun visit. Just curious.
I'm going through Chicago, but I kinda of wanted to get something in Wisconsin since that's where my Grandfather lived.
Thanks in advance.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I have a lot of family from Racine but couldn't tell you if there is a pipe shop or not.

arinbjorn

Might Stick Around
Sep 14, 2011
Google up Uhle's.
I believe their main shop is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - I made a visit when I went there for an excellent Eluveitie concert. They have the BEST burley tobaccos I have ever tasted - and a few unique English style blends and aromatics.
Uhle's tobacco is also widespread over that whole region. Some of it is even available in northern Illinois, where I live. Random happenstance places. Grocery stores. Also cigar shops.
Speaking of Illinois, definetly pass through Iwan Ries in Chicago if you can. It's bigger than Uhle's, a lot bigger - but has a great old timey atmosphere still. You *will* find amazing bargains at Iwan Ries, if you look for a while.
And if you are travelling along I-90, and you are near Machesney Park Illinois 61103 (just north of Rockford, IL, just south of Beloit WI) - shoot me a PM. We'll go have a pint or two and smoke our pipes!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Good tips. And I do like me some cheese....
Arin thanks for the invite. Gotta pass it up. Its going to be a whirlwind trip. Maybe I will stop at Iwen's on the way north.
I always mean to visit places, I just tend to shrug it off and keep on motoring. Drove past a perfectly good pipe shop in Indy last week even after my wife told me to stop and go back. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.