PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Has anyone seen one or made one? Looking for some ideas for when I get my 4runner that's gonna be all mine!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Here you go, a pipe just for the car, you can get one right here: Car Pipe Best part is, it comes with it's own built-in pipe rest in your car! :rofl:
carlighter__37629_zoom.jpg

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I've been messing with several things in my truck lately since I spend over 6 hours driving it back and forth lately. I've used a similar ashtray as the one above and it somewhat works. I'm also messing with a stainless steel one. I've drilled a hole through the bottom and then put a cork knocker in the middle. I've found a little hubcap protector from an old car which is the exact diameter of a cup-holder and did the same (that one seems to work the best).
For pipe rest, I've been messing with one like the one below and tried to see if I can make it fit in another cupholder. Since I have 2 cupholders in the armrest and two in the dash, I'm willing to sacrifice two to give my pipe a good rest and a good ashtray. I'm more worried about having to suddenly break and have a pipe fly out of the holder and break. Or God forbid, it being lit and setting the truck on fire. So for now, when Pipe is lit, Pipe is in mouth or hand. Not in a rest.
Good luck

001-067-0008.jpg

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Irish, some guy on this forum was talking and showed pics of office furn stuff and used it for a pipe rest , looked good, go in archives and I believe you will find, he posted a pic of it on the dash of his truck. The old cajun

mp31guitar

Lifer
Jun 28, 2011
I drive a ford ranger xlt. I stick my pipe bowl first in between the bucket seats. It holds good. When I have a passenger, I move it to the sun visor, With the sun visor in the up position just slide it stem first into place.
I have had the pipe bounce loose from the sun visor and dump ash into my lap. Oh, and I forgot it was up there when I let my niece drive, she got a lap full of ash too. She wasn't to happy with me.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
I would recommend the one shown in Charles link. I have had one for many years and just moved it from car to car. I used some super hook and loop strips to hold it to the dash. A little pressure to snug the pipe in place and even bumpy roads won't dislodge it.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I bought one of those Sea Captains from Mar's Cigars for $15.00 and put some non-skid shelve material under it and use that in my F150. It sets on top of the dash. It works great. Never had any pipe come out. :puffy:
In my Jeep Grand Cherokee I just use the ash tray to hold my pipe. It's the perfect shape for holding pipes. The tamper and lighter set nicely on the center shift area. On the 4 wheel low selector channel .

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Where is the thread from 1-2 years ago that featured a guy who was starting up his company that sold specific pipe holding devices for your car?

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
I just rest my bent pipes in the cup holder, but I have no method for straight pipes.

jruthledge

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2015
I wanted to find a solution with what I already had around: The end of an egg carton, painted with high-temp flat black spray paint and mounted with poster putty. Works great even on gravely switchbacks. $0.

Status
Not open for further replies.