PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebig

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
Well the wife and I did our "junking" today and I was specifically looking for any pipes or accessories I might find. I found this 12 pipe pipe rack for $15.00. The felt on the bottom is still good and after some wiping down and Howard's feed and wax it looks pretty good. Also started my collection of jars to store my tobacco. My pipe is a little lonley right now but hopefully he will get company soon.
tobacco-stuff-001-150x112.jpg

tobacco-stuff-002-150x112.jpg

tobacco-stuff-003-150x112.jpg

tobacco-stuff-004-150x112.jpg

tobacco-stuff-008-112x150.jpg

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Good choice!
I picked one up just like it a month or so ago, (probably made by the same company), but mine has "holes" for the stems in top rail where yours has "slots".

Yours is much a better design, as long pipes and bents won't fit in mine without removing the stems first.
You're gonna like that one!

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I picked one up just like it a month or so ago, (probably made by the same company), but mine has "holes" for the stems in top rail where yours has "slots".

Yours is much a better design, as long pipes and bents won't fit in mine without removing the stems first.
QFT!

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I got ALL my pipe racks "second hand" at flea markets, etc. Yes, some have holes, some have slots, and you may be finding yourself delegating certain pipes to whichever rack holds them better. One of the racks I like best was a circular one that holds 8 pipes. It was a "holes" type, which I found was difficult to "thread" the pipestem up into the hole. So, I cut slots (smaller than the hole diameter) into every hole. Now I can slip the pipe stem sideways into the slot, then turn the pipe so it faces outward and yet the holes still secure the pipes well to avoid upsetting them.
And then, a few BIG pipes, like bull caps, are too wide to fit in most racks, so I just stick them in one of the holes, stem down. :) If the pipe is clean and dry when put in a rack, it doesn't matter if it's stem up or down.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Nice pipe rack Joe. I got a new one too as I have about 13 or more homeless pipes. I got a used one for $25 in Vegas, but it was too big for my carry on luggage.
I'll post it up when it arrives.

whitecloud

Lurker
Sep 13, 2010
I found a great selection of bail cap jars at the Christmass Tree Shop. A variety of sizes. The one I got fits 4 oz nicely and it costs $1.25. As I said, some smaller and some larger.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Joe,
That's a good looking rack. I have one similar one but the top holes are complete and not halves like yours. I like yours better because I have a few pipes that wont fit in mine. I had to buy another rack to hold about 6 pipes while the other is not even full.

Status
Not open for further replies.