PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I love my pipes for sure, but when I go window shopping online it is usually the tobacco that o spend the most time looking at. I have a modest rotation of pipes and could be ok with not buying to many more, but tobacco blends... I wish I could try them all!
So which are you? Some may say why choose and I get that. For me a $20-$30 expenditure is much easier for me to justify then a few hundred or even just one hundred.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm right there with you Warren, I prefer it simple. Just a couple decent pipes, (that get smoked hard and often) and two tobacco blends. :puffpipe:

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have about 20 blends open at any one time. I couldn't smoke the same blend all the time any more than I could eat the same food all the time. :puffy:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Having only been piping for just over a year now I'm pretty confident about my likes and dislikes regarding tobacco blends.
I currently have about 35 different blends 'open', but I envisage narrowing that down to about 15 favoured blends on permanent rotation once I have got through what I have.
In no particular order...
Condor (Flake & Plug)
Erinmore (Flake & Plug)
G&H Dark Flake
G&H Westmorland Slices
Sam Gawith St. James Plug
Sam Gawith Golden Glow
Sam Gawith Brown Sugar Flake
B&H Mellow Virginia
Solani Aged Burley Flake
Mac Baren's Bold Kentucky
Sam Gawith FVF (Flake & Plug)
G&H Kendal Plug
Dunghill Royal Yacht
Rattray's Marlin Flake
Peterson's Irish Flake
...and possibly a couple of others :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

Jun 4, 2014
I'd have to say now I'm more of a tobacco hound. I still look at pipes, but I'm usually looking for something specific and I don't mind waiting to find it.

twangthang

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I am more of a pipe looker and a tobacco buyer. I figure with things the way they are I want the opportunity to try what I may not have a shot at later,

But I love looking at pipes.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"Pipe or Tobacco Hound?"
That's like asking me if I prefer blondes or red-heads! :)
I like both pipes AND tobaccos, and will probably never have enough of either. Besides, as a hobby, they are much less expensive that either blondes or red-heads!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Yo hu
Not only that - PAD and TAD are cheaper than therapy!
My answer usually is "all of the above." However, with pipes, I'm in general not actively looking, but if a particularly delectable one pops up in front of me, ... On the other hand, I'm still filling out my spreadsheet tabulating my blends. When I find a new one or one I've been hunting, the Free Shipping feature sucks me right in. So I end up padding my TAD.
hp

les

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Pipes! I have good stock of the handful of the light to medium English/Balkan mixtures I enjoy but I'm passionate about building my collection. 8O

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I am in the "Why Choose" camp. 109 pipes, 136 blends, 165 containers (tins, jars, bags). Sold 4 pipes this year, purchased 2 pipes, won a pipe, and got two pipes as gifts. I have acquired 35 different tobaccos this year, and sampled many more at the NOLA pipe club meetings. I don't know if it's cheaper than therapy, but I am happy.

rodbuster3

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2016
Im all about the tobacco. I dont care what my pipe looks like, what its name is or what it mades from for that matter. Just that it smokes good and fits the baccy of my choosing at that time

seagullplayer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
I don't buy online, I will be a B/M guy as long as I can.
But I am always looking for many of the blends I see people mention.
And I am always looking for a pipe that looks good to me.

I hope to pass my pipes down one day, I don't know that my tobacco will mean much to them...

Jan 8, 2013
:mrgreen:
125acfb698e59ff99c05578e7334b833.jpg

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Pipes all the way, though I still love trying new blends as my tastes keep evolving. A few weeks ago I swore I wouldn't buy any more pipes and only ask for one a year for Christmas. Since then I have purchased three more pipes!!! I can't help myself and am thinking therapy might be worth the cost!

Status
Not open for further replies.