PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I try not to spend lavishly on either, but I enjoy both pipes and tobaccos. I think I'm more sensible and thoughtful about tobacco. I smoke moderately, so I have a modest "cellar," but I have zeroed in on what I enjoy, and have managed to be adventurous along those lines. I'm not so attracted to "wonderful" blends that aren't available. I'd rather get to like those that are established and stay accessible. I'll try a "rare" blend now and then, by chance, but I'm probably not going to search for it nor pay inflationary prices. I have more of a weakness for pipes, but I can become obsessed with a sixty dollar Ben Wade, and would be reluctant to nurture a longing for something that matches my monthly bills in price. I guess since I'm imaginative enough to find things fascinating about a sixty dollar pipe, I don't feel the need to develop deep needs for Castellos and Bangs. We each have our own way to enjoy this process. In tobacco, I find mixing blends and blending tobacco from time to time really expands the horizons. It's nice to be off the grid. Often, if not every time, what I put together is anywhere from pleasant to outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.