PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I have been talking with Kevin for a while now and sent him some ideas for some writing that I wanted to do for the site. He graciously offered me a blog on the site and I will be making contributions regularly, I am thinking maybe once a week or so. The blog will be about pipes and tobaccos through the eyes of the younger generation, and how the young blood and new technologies are changing our hobby. My first offering is up, and I would like all you fellas to give it a read and tell me what you think. It may look a bit off because I am still trying to get used to the formatting tools I have to work with, but I would appreciate it if you guys would tell me what you think:Collegiate Smokers and a New Era of Pipe Men
Thanks for all the feedback in advance guys. And try not to be too harsh. It's my first time doing this sort of thing. :puffy:

porshcigar

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Naperville
Great article. I started smoking a pipe in my early 20's, in September of 1970. I was still in school, but had a part time job and a boss who smoked pipes and cigars. I gave it a try and have never regretted it.
The Chicago Pipe Club and Show always encourages young pipe smokers to join the pipe community, and we try our best to make them welcome and offer advice about pipe smoking and collecting. The Club has monthly meetings (except December) at 8 to 8 Cigars in a Chicago suburb, Villa Park. New smokers are always welcome to attend and smoke with us. Check our website for dates and information about the club meetings and the Chicago Pipe Show on May 5 & 6, 2012. Craig
www.chicagopipeshow.com

Jul 15, 2011
Wow. Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm sure that the more I post the better it will look and will be more refined, but I think my first effort turned out pretty good over all.
Excellent article Eric. Thanks!
No Kevin. Thank you!

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
And try not to be too harsh. It's my first time doing this sort of thing.

Excellent article, Eric. We all do things for the first time once. It's nice to see the younger set stepping up.
And try not to be too harsh on the rest of us as we step into the relentlessly receding generations...

Jul 15, 2011
I am really overwhelmed at the number of positive responses to this. I am so grateful you guys have almost driven me to tears. Thank you so very much for your kind words. I believe that I will only get better from here. I have several ideas for upcoming posts, including a segment called Briar On A Budget, where I talk about some great pipes that I have that cost me next to nothing. I am also going to do a piece on Ebay Pipe Buying, I will talk about how a pipe may lower your stress levels, and I am also planning on doing some tobacco reviews as well. Thanks for the kind words guys, it really means a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.