PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
This is probably something I should have posted a little sooner than this, but I feel as though with the big day being tomorrow, it is a good time to put up a blog post about the Holidays. I worked really hard to have this done before the big day, and I hope you enjoy it. Please enjoy and feel free to comment! A Meditation on Holiday Pipe Smoking

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
Great read Pipe Novelist. You really put things into perspective and found the true meaning of the season. Merry Christmas all!

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks for the kind words guys. I feel that if even 1 person gets some enjoyment out of what I write, it makes the whole process worth it. Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year!

Jul 15, 2011
I would like to update everyone as to how I followed my own advice and how my first Christmas ceremony went:
Woke up with a bowl of Moontrance, shooting the breeze with my father while he watched the Kansas City Chiefs game. After the pipe, he asked me if I would like to help him fry the turkey, seeing as how there was no one else around to help him. We fried the bird, I brewed a cup of strong coffee and took a big nozz full of snuff, at which point my brother showed up. Dad cooked the rest of the meal while my sister and her husband came in and offloaded gifts. Mom and my girlfriend got off work at the same time, and when they got home, we were treated to an absolutely HUGE and horrifically tasty deep fried Turkey dinner with mashed potatos, stuffing, gravy, and fresh rolls. After we were all stuffed, it was gift opening time. Got a bunch of really cool stuff, then loaded up another pipe while playing dominoes with the whole family. As I write this I am smoking my last pipe of the day and looking over my pipe and tobacco goodies that Santa brought me. Stress free Holidays guys. Nothing better. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.