PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidd

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
Is anybody a member of the pipe makers forum? I registered and have had no response with approval so I can't log in. Your help is much appreciated.

kidd

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
Thank you Lawrence. I would like to be able to use the sight. I am starting to make pipes and it would be very helpful. I also really like this forum and how it is set up. It is very user friendly.

cacooper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 28, 2009
Parker, CO
I'm a member. Pipe Makers Forum is a great resource for all pipe makers, beginners and experienced. The info on the site is invaluable, from the obvious to the obscure. I visit it daily and have posted a few photos of my pipes on there.
A word of caution: If you submit a photo of your work and ask for a critique, be sure you have thick skin. The reviews are brutally honest, as they should be. They won't heap on faint praise just to be "nice". Listen and apply their suggestions. They really do want you to achieve your best.
Also, read Tyler Lane's "Open Letter to New Pipe Makers". Excellent read!

Here's a link:

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5525&start=0
Best of luck.
CACooper

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Kurt Huhn is the man in charge over there. You should probably track down his email address and shoot him a message. He's a busy guy!

kidd

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
Well while we are here my name is Jon Kidd and I am new to the sight. I enjoy smoking pipes and I am getting into making them. It is nice to meet you all.

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
The only thing you can do is what you've already done. Kurt isn't very active on the board these days. I think he's busy organizing the revolution or something. You'll just have to be patient. He'll get to it eventually.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Kurt is more active by a long shot these days, he had some family/health stuff going on but you should get activated reasonably quickly, if not I can give him a ping there with your username, is it the same as here?

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.