PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Thanks, Al, I have about 31 issues (some doubles of yours) and if I did the DropBox thing correctly they can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2lzsofmfq3fz7c/AABstwjLXfsFs-GQoMmS8SA3a?dl=0
I have a few more series of scanned pipe publications, one is highly valued, maybe we can pm privately so I can ask your opinion if it would be OK to share. I don't wish to break any copyright laws.

skaukatt

Can't Leave
Al, these and a few other publications (I generally refer to them in my previous post) were made available on the Pipes & Tobaccos Foundations website which provided a really nice inventory app for tracking collections (of pipes, tobaccos and accessories) with photos, notes; every information field you could think of. The neat thing about it was that you download the software locally, add your collection data, photos, notes, etc..., and then upload your collection to the website as your collection grew. This made your collection available via connected devices anywhere. It used to be a $25 per year subscription based service but was later included in your magazine subscription fee. It has since, sadly, been discontinued and is now unsupported but the software still works on your local pc and I believe you can still download it.
Once at the Foundations website there were features such as a Discussion Forum, other members collections to view, and the nice part, the scanned copies of publications such as Pipe Lovers Magazine.
I still use the software but unfortunately, it no longer connects to their web based server and is now unsupported. I sure hope they bring it back.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah, thanks for the background and extra copies Lou. I thought that was the setup. I don't think that I was able to sign on at the point Snagstagl shared those with me.
I'll PM you about the other item(s).

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I have downloaded all of them now. I cannot thank you both enough for sharing this lovely information. Please feel free to post more if they exist :worship:

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
Ohhhh, thanks for these!
I don't understand why there isn't a current publication. I went to the closest B&M bookstore and there were magazines on Cigars, but nothing for pipes.....why is that?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I believe there are only one or two pipe magazines still being printed and they are only done maybe 4 times a year. Pipes & Tobacco magazine is one of them.

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Love the vintage reading. Sent in my $4.50 for a 2 year subscription, can't wait until these are in my mailbox!

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
skaukatt, Thanks! I see you have more issues scanned, too! Almost missed those. Little gem-like glimpses back into the world at a time before political correctness burdened society and it was OK to be a guy.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I am today ordering several dozen pipes from $1.50 to $3.00, postpaid, and 290 pounds of tobacco, ca. $ 4.00 a pound, or less!—from the Wally Frank catalog. I wonder if they ship to California?
Thanks, Al; you solved my cellar shortages....

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I just came across this thread (I'm new here) and want to add my gratitude for this wealth of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.