PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephpaul

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
cortezattic wrote: I would think that just about everyone has heard of the salt and alcohol treatment for pipe bowls. When I tried it I found that the salt presented clean-up problems of its own. Has anyone ever considered using activated charcoal instead of salt?
Yes I just read a method of freshening a pipe with charcoal and heat at G.L. Pease. I haven't tried it yet, but he claims it works well. (Sorry for off-topic)
http://www.glpease.com/Articles/Spot.html

juozapas

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2010
Barrie,Ontario,CANADA
I have no idea what I bought here...anybody know what or how to use these....???

mypipes036.jpg
mypipes040.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
OMG!

Those are scary.
"For a better cheaper and healthier smoke"?????????
The A.S.N.'s strike again!
I know how I would use them..... Not at all!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Juozapas,
The Philtpads in the top picture drop right into the bowl like in the picture and are made of an absorbent mineral, supposedly chalk.
The black disk in the picture below the Savinelli balsa filters isn't a filter, but is used for rehydrating tobacco with a hydrating solution like Griffo. The screens beside it are probably for a different smoking substance.
The Brigham filters in the last post are designed for Brigham pipes and the metal end faces the bowl. At least according to the picture in the link:
Pipe Club of London's System Pipe Collection Page

Status
Not open for further replies.