PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
My daughter blessed me this morning with inquiring about my (short) pipe history. Over coffee we had the delight of recounting how I acquired each one of my pipes, a bit about them and their back stories. They wound up all nicely laid out on the table and I couldn't resist feeling sentimental, proud, and joyed at the look of them all together and mine. I couldn't resist snapping a photo.
Many of these pipe are owned as a direct result of my tenure here. Some were literally sold on the FS pages and others procured by both direct and indirect recommendations. As much as I see myself and experiences in them I also see connections to Forum members embedded in them as well . I share this photo with gratitude and ample amounts of admiration and respect for you all.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Thanks, Embers. DOnt usually have an issue but today I apparently did

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
13 is a Moretti bought from Marco's (everyone's good friend, for those who've done business with him) ebay shop. Talking to my daughter today about it, it's truly a fun pipe to smoke. It feels a little like a baseball in your hand, stands on its own when set down, and frankly it just makes me smile.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
That's the great thing about smoking a pipe. Each one has a unique personality. Thanks for sending that pic.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mr. Biagini is certainly a gentleman and does very fine work. That one is a beauty!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great group of pipes. All you'll ever need. Unlikely all you'll ever own!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Nice collection of pipes. I'm really diggin' #14...I favor a colored stems.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
@Scloyd 14 is a commission from Scottie Piersel. I learned of her through these forums and directly from the one and only Sable. The pipe itself has an amazing back story but in short one of my dearest friends fought through breast cancer in her mid 30's and I wanted a pipe to commemorate her remission and her and my 15 year friendship. Scottie works wonder with colored stems and her being a female pipe carver made it even sweeter. Now how I got my cancer survivor friend to pick up the pipe from Scottie personally at the KC Pipe show is a whole other story....

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
@jpmcwjr, I appreciate that. I had set out to own seven and only seven for life so I set out to have some varied styles. Little did I know that I would still be buying after five years

Jan 8, 2013
13 11 Number 13 is definitely the most unique of the bunch. Number 11 is quite nice as an interesting take on the volcano shape. And I see you have a couple nice Peterson's thrown in for good measure. I'm really diggin that number 19. All are great looking pipes. It would be hard to choose a favorite from the bunch.

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
@Anthony, 11 was my first ever commission again through Marco at Moretti Pipe. I wanted a different take on a volcano and emailed back and forth with him until we had a final concept. Was really a highlight in my pipe lifetime. He kept me involved throughout and I have photos through the whole process. Looking back at the photo above I feel like I did the pipe no justice so here it is.
r1RGNr8.jpg

DDMqQov.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.