PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So I've been running a pipe club in West Georgia for a couple of years. We have been meeting at a local shop which has been very slowly stocking things we would like, but it has often been like pulling teeth. I recently decided to expand the club to a second location. We have met there 3 times so far. I spoke to the owner this time about stocking some things we are interested in. He told me to give him a list of 5 tinned tobaccos we would like to start with. I gave him Escudo, Frog Morton, Frog Morton on the Bayou, Erinmore, and Mac Baren Navy Flake. He placed the order the very next day and called me to tell me. It took me over a year at the other place and though they have stocked some things, the pickings are often slim. 3 visits and a big club win, finally great tobaccos locally. The next closest place that carries any of these is an hour from me. For those of you interested we meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month at DD & Co Inc.; Hiram Cigars, 37 Beatty St. #107, Hiram, Ga 30141 from 5:30-8. It is a great little shop in an old Train Depot.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave:
Good on you for scoring an agreeable and accommodating business location to host your club.
How does an STL fan end up in Georgia?
Fnord

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Congrats on finding an agreeable location!
Good on you and good on the owner of the new location for being wise enough to listen and cater to his local sales source!

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Glad to hear you had success. Myself and a few others run the Austin pipe club and we have a similar problem with the fact that they don't manage the pipe portion of the shop with the same zeal as they do the cigar portion. The problem is the facility is the largest in Austin that is a smoke shop that we can use.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Well it definitely was a win, just got an email from the owner. He said the tobacco just came in and he got 4 tins of everything I asked for. So that is 4 tins each of Frog Morton, Frog Morton on the Bayou, MacBaren Navy Flake, Escudo, and Erinmore Flake. Pipe Club this month is going to rock!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I'm glad you found a new meeting location and an owner willing to order items the club members desire. The owner might also be willing to order pipes for your members as well at a better price than would normally be charged for guaranteed sales.
I hope your club membership continues to grow.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congratulations Dave! I'm convinced that the success of the first year of our club is de largely to the support we receive from our local B&M .... They really take care of us, and their pipe business has grown in company with us.
Well done, Pal.
-- Pat

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is great that owner accommodated you. He made you happy and I am sure your club will actually purchase all this tobacco and make him happy. This will allow him to be MORE accommodating to you and your members. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.