PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Do any of the bulk manufacturers have a decent sub for the traditional Dill's pipe cleaner? I pay 2.60 and change at the local smoke/weed shops and pharmacies for a package of 32 swabs. They're the best for twin bore pipes, and many other small bored stems, but if there's a cheaper alternative I'm all in.
Thanks!
Fnord

Funny, I think of Dill cleaners as being low quality, but I usually need the fluffy or tapered pipe cleaners. Try Beamers. I get them in bulk, a whole box of them that lasts for months, and their thin pipe cleaners are pretty thin. I get them on eBay, and as I said, you get a whole box for less than a penny a pipecleaners.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Dill’s are of lower quality, but they’re thin enough to fit in small bore and twin-bore pipes. The best pipe cleaners I’ve ever run across are Gloredo. They had the stiffest wires and the best, absorbent chenille. I’m in regular communication with Leslie Ng, in China, who was somehow at the root of the Gloredo manufacturing process. There wasn’t enough demand at the price, and so they’re no longer being made. Sad.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I’ll put my vote in for Blitz cleaners. They are tapered, with the slightest bristle it’s almost unnoticeable. They are also the stiffest cleaner I’ve come across.

I use them relentlessly. No fuzzies in my stems or shanks and always absorbs nicely.
The candy cane look is an added bonus, imo.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
I've been using B. J. Long regular pipe cleaners for years, but I'm not sure if they're thin enough for your needs.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
My pipe cleaners just say Long’s on the wrapper.

Don’t know about the BJ part.
And we need to get a pipe cleaner thread up in the high double digits or we’ve failed as a pipe smoker’s forum.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I've been using B. J. Long regular pipe cleaners for years
Yep,me to. Also use the fluffy soft wire craft type on some of my more particular Meers...

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I’m sold on Bryco tapered cleaners. I used to use Longs (the BJ ones :lol:) but like the packaging and slightly stiffer wire in Bryco. I tried Brigham’s once, and they were super fuzzy and left lots of thier fuzz in my stems. Dill seem pretty low quality, but they are indeed small. I can get a tapered Bryco in a dual-drilled stem.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
OK, I will help thread length.... I probably use fewer pipe cleaners per bowl than most, and am pretty agnostic as to brand. Some I have are very old, bought 50 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.