PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
Just a quick question, the first picture is a neat idea, I like it alot, however, why so many different pipe cleaners? Do the different colours mean/do different things? Are they different thicknesses or is it just to taste? Sorry for dumb question but still learning myself.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Yes, the different colors are in fact different types of pipe cleaners and by different makers. Some are fluffy, some tapered, others bristled, etc. over time we all develop a preference for which types we like. The boxes I post above are for when I sit down to do a batch cleaning, usually on Sundays. For my daily pipe cleaners I am not so organized. Typically I just use the red or blue cleaners because they have more firmness compared to BJ Longs standard cleaners.

pipesmoker30

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2019
South East (England)
I have only used these...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200-Denicotea-Tapered-Pipe-Cleaners-100-x-2-High-Quality-15cm-Tapered/323541527504?epid=2164457624&hash=item4b5493ebd0:g:Ru8AAOSwqu9U9dmS
May have to look into others, I thought 1 pipe cleaner is as good as another

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just leave 'em in the bag or paper bands, but the fact that the tackle box compartments are just the right length is a delightful coincidence. Now you can't live without that.

Status
Not open for further replies.